Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video shows secret spy software on millions of Android, BlackBerry and Nokia phones!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Video shows secret spy software on millions of Android, BlackBerry and Nokia phones!

Video shows secret software on millions of Android, BlackBerrym and Nokia phones logging everything you do
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 · 2:45 pm

“The Android developer who raised the ire of a mobile-phone monitoring company last week is on the attack again, producing a video of how the Carrier IQ software secretly installed on millions of mobile phones reports most everything a user does on a phone,” David Kravets reports for Wired.
    “Though the software is installed on most modern Android, BlackBerry and Nokia phones, Carrier IQ was virtually unknown until 25-year-old Trevor Eckhart of Connecticut analyzed its workings, revealing that the software secretly chronicles a user’s phone experience — ostensibly so carriers and phone manufacturers can do quality control,” Kravets reports. “But now he’s released a video actually showing the logging of text messages, encrypted web searches and, well, you name it.”

Kravets reports, “Eckhart labeled the software a ‘root kit,’ and the Mountain View, California-based software maker threatened him with legal action and huge money damages. The Electronic Frontier Foundation came to his side last week, and the company backed off on its threats. The company told Wired.com last week that Carrier IQ’s wares are for ‘gathering information off the handset to understand the mobile-user experience, where phone calls are dropped, where signal quality is poor, why applications crash and battery life.’ The company denies its software logs keystrokes. Eckhart’s 17-minute video clearly undercuts that claim.”

Read more in the full article here.

MacDailyNews Take: Steve Jobs wasn’t kidding.

So what? The I-Product cult doesn't know they're being spied on cause they act like a cow herd, facing the same way acting snobby.

Comment

Doesn't apple already do this? Apples spied first!

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
        So what? The I-Product cult doesn't know they're being spied on cause they act like a cow herd, facing the same way acting snobby.
        Originally posted by uoykcuf View Post
        Doesn't apple already do this? Apples spied first!

If you can read the article and watch the video you will understand what it is.

Apple don't do this to their users.

Comment

Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
          If you can read the article and watch the video you will understand what it is.

Apple don't do this to their users.
          They don't need to when they already know how you behave.

Comment

here's the real secret.

apple products are not much better than others.

they're overpriced but sell well because they're the preferred choice of girls and queers.

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
              They don't need to when they already know how you behave.

If I was a user of any of these spyware phones I would be very shocked and angry right now.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin'J View Post

..........and Samdung try so hard to copy Apple that they use android (spyware included) on phones made to look like iPhones.......LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                    here's the real secret.

apple products are not much better than others.

they're overpriced but sell well because they're the preferred choice of girls and queers.
                    ipod touch > ****ty MP3 players that barely work.

Comment

Working...
                    X