Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyne read "The God Delusion" by Richard Hawkins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SiNCiTY_KiD702 View Post
    God Delusion is a good book, If you liked that then you will probably like a movie called "The God Who Wasn't There" you can watch it on google or buy it online.

Its about the hero pattern and the myth of Christ

here are some clips:

well it aint working...looks like your out of luck lol

Comment

Ive heard the book is great.

'The God that wasnt there' ive seen, but i didnt like the fact the guy who made it seemed bitter at his fundamentalist christian upbringing. It was as if he made it to 'get back' at his school and teachers.
      The animated scene at the beginning immediatly made me think he is just out to mock christians, rather than make a serious subjective documentry.
      It did have some good moments tho.

Comment

Originally posted by adamk1304 View Post
        The book provides a strong argument against the validity of all religions and highlights the fact that there is little proof of the existence of any supernatural creator.
        I come from a predominantly christian family, but the scientific argument Dawkin's presents has coverted me to an atheist. I know some of you American's feel strongly about your beliefs,however would you ever consider taking the time to read something like this???
        Never heard of it.

But I wouldn't bother readin it even if I did.

I don't need a book to tell me there's no god. Just lookin at what goes on in the world showed me there ain't one.

Comment

no but i will read it soon

Comment

Richard D-A-W-K-I-N-S.

Comment

Havent read....will do though. Check out "God's Debris".....or "The Last Question" if you're interested in these types of materials. Great reads

Comment

for those who want to read it here'a a pdf file

Download Richard.Dawkins.-.The.God.Delusion.(2006).FIXED.pdf for free on uploading.com

Comment

I've seen him speak. He's spot on.

Comment

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hOza8GTqk

Comment

Working...
                      X