Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best and Worse boxing style for self-defense?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best and Worse boxing style for self-defense?

I am curious to know your thoughts on which boxer has the best and worst boxing style when it comes to confrontation outside the ring.

I personaly nominate hector camacho as having the BEST boxing style for outside the ring.

Before we begin I want to say that, this is not about bashing individual boxers or getting personal digs nor attacking there courage and dedication for there sport.

Hectors camachos style:

amazing footwork for in and out to avoid getting tackled,

Great fast and powerful lead jabs to stop someone from throwing haymakers. Deadly accurate left hand, regardless of power thats a show stopper and not to mention he could stand in the pocket and murder you with short range punches.

Lastly his bread and butter...grabs your head with one hand and smashes your face with uppercuts with the other.

Worst boxing style:

Adrien Broner: Lets subtract his youth,power and exprience for a second...

His wide stance and flat footedness makes him vunerable to getting kicked in the knee cap.

Dropping lead hands may work for thommy hearns but someone bigger then him can just grab that arm and dodge his right with a tackle.

That being said in reality broner should handle his shet because his got powerful punches and fighting exprience to take out lots of people.

There you have my list, I think hector has the best style for self-defense and broner has the worst.

Hehe, interesting thread. Boxers would be negated by wrestlers as it's a different fight on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Yasboxer View Post
      Hehe, interesting thread. Boxers would be negated by wrestlers as it's a different fight on the ground.
      because all muggers are wrestlers.

Comment

Not as much as in an MMA octagon, considering a boxer would be able to punch in the back of the head on the way down, in a street fight.

Comment

Much respect for your join date and post ratio, please keep in mind that a boxer in self-defense is allowed to knee/rabit punch as well as if he finds himself on the ground, he can upkick the opponent.

Ufc/american mma rules are very wrestler friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
            Not as much as in an MMA octagon, considering a boxer would be able to punch in the back of the head on the way down, in a street fight.
            This. Often overlooked because MMAis in a controlled environment...but realistically you'd get hit on the back of the neck, head, or spine by any trained fighter in a street fight.

I'd probably go with a RJJ type style. Dude would literally be impossible to dodge to a normal person. Forget about if he wants to sucker punch... Good night.

Or maybe a Shane if his chin carries over. Power, speed, agression as needed and insane foot speed? Would be hard to argue against that.

Comment

most styles should be able to do well in a street fight because the guy who gets cracked with the first good shot usually loses. Well trained boxers will be faster and more effective punchers.

My father was a correction officer on rikers island and had a few stories about feather weight sized boxers KOing guys much bigger than them with one punch.

Comment

tyson or pacquaio. you want an offensive aggresive style is best suited for a street fight imo. not a guy who likes to jab alot but somebody who is gonna slip shots and drop bombs, ending the fight quickly. also jmm. such a good counterpuncher as soon as a guy opens up with one punch he is gonna catch a 5 piece and hit the floor. rjj obviously. most people, even competent streetfighters, would have no freaking clue what hit them.

Comment

best style is mayweather no doubt.

Comment

It probably depends more about YOUR physical strengths, then imitating a boxers "style" that you find appealing.

Comment

Working...
                    X