Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peterson/Matthyse can anyone tell me..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peterson/Matthyse can anyone tell me..

Why is this fight not a title fight? Also why is the weight clause at 141? This is stupid... So that means if Peterson wins then he does not become Champion and if Garcia have to fight him then it will not be an unification match. What the hell is Goldenboy doing?

They said niether wants to risk their titles or something. Doesn't really matter too much IMO but it does take some Drama away from it

Comment

The IBF said they didn't want it to be unification for an interim title and that they don't recognize that. Schaefer said both fighters wanted it to be a title fight.

Comment

because PEDerson will be stripped anyway if he wins.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          The IBF said they didn't want it to be unification for an interim title and that they don't recognize that. Schaefer said both fighters wanted it to be a title fight.
          lol I could have sworn I read the opposite... But I probably just forget what I read

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
            lol I could have sworn I read the opposite... But I probably just forget what I read
            http://www.boxingscene.com/schaefer-...-weight--64311

Comment

Why didn't Matts just drop that stupid interim belt? He has more leverage with a real ibf belt than an interim belt.

Comment

Originally posted by -BORICUA- View Post
                Why didn't Matts just drop that stupid interim belt? He has more leverage with a real ibf belt than an interim belt.
                Because he doesn't want to lose his mandatory shot at Danny Garcia. Though I think this is what will happen......

I think Peterson is going to upset Lucas, and land a fight with Mayweather in September. He'd have wins over Khan and Lucas, arguably would be the best guy at 140.

Danny Garcia will either stay at 140 for a possible huge fight with Adrien Broner, who will want to grab a title at 140 after Paulie probably, or he'll fight the Maidana/Lopez winner at 147.

Comment

Because he doesn't want to lose his mandatory shot at Danny Garcia. Though I think this is what will happen......

I think Peterson is going to upset Lucas, and land a fight with Mayweather in September. He'd have wins over Khan and Lucas, arguably would be the best guy at 140.

Danny Garcia will either stay at 140 for a possible huge fight with Adrien Broner, who will want to grab a title at 140 after Paulie probably, or he'll fight the Maidana/Lopez winner at 147.
                  Now how will Danny become the lineal champion? This is bull**** and show coward attributes from both camps. Peterson beating Lucas in my opinion is not an upset at all, as Lucas haven't shown any skills that come with the hype. Broner fighting Garcia after a Peterson/Matthsye showdown is not a bad route to go.. Garcia fighting him before that is not a solid route.

Comment

Originally posted by Almondsand View Post
                    Why is this fight not a title fight? Also why is the weight clause at 141? This is stupid... So that means if Peterson wins then he does not become Champion and if Garcia have to fight him then it will not be an unification match. What the hell is Goldenboy doing?
                    Peterson does't lose his title and Lucas don't lose is mandatory position.

The promotion company will still have a champion and a mandatory challenger. Either they unify against Garcia or they match Matthysse against Garcia. Both fighters get a legit fight with out losing there postions

Win lose or draw they will hold their positions at 140

Comment

Working...
                    X