Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would a Pac-Alvarado, JMM-Bradley PPV do against Floyd in September?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by puga View Post
    i would'nt be ... rios is an action fighter but he's coming off a loss, alvarado is'nt and he's just as fun to watch as rios ...
    Rios can throw back better shots and I still think his jaw is better, he can make it so violent that I feel,like he has a chance against a guy coming off a KO.

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
      Rios can throw back better shots and I still think his jaw is better, he can make it so violent that I feel,like he has a chance against a guy coming off a KO.
      no doubt ..hell , we dont even know if pac still can take decent punches fine ....it's just that there's more excitemnet of an opponent for pac coming of a win than a loss esp when the choices are between the winner and the loser....thats all ...

Comment

Why do that though? I understand they have this little feud between themselves, but there's no reason for it. Arum already said he has no problem moving his date for a Floyd Mayweather event, that should be that. It's better for boxing this way. No reason for another Martinez-Chavez / Canelo-Lopez fiasco. Putting Canelo-Lopez on the same date was plain stubbornness on Schaefer and Golden Boy, and they're not excused for it, but it shouldn't mean Arum can stoop to that level. Marquez-Bradley ****s all over Canelo-Lopez, which actually makes it a dumber move to put on the same date as a big Floyd fight (and it's not realistic Pac-Alvarado is going on that card).

Comment

Arum is an ******* but he aint stupid.

They never have mega fights head to head, both sides end up loosing.

They dont even have them on back to back weekends.

If Floyd fights in September, then Manny will fight in October, like they always do.

Would it matter if Pac outsold floyd head to head if he could do more sales on his own date a month later? Its about the money

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
            Why do that though? I understand they have this little feud between themselves, but there's no reason for it. Arum already said he has no problem moving his date for a Floyd Mayweather event, that should be that. It's better for boxing this way. No reason for another Martinez-Chavez / Canelo-Lopez fiasco. Putting Canelo-Lopez on the same date was plain stubbornness on Schaefer and Golden Boy, and they're not excused for it, but it shouldn't mean Arum can stoop to that level. Marquez-Bradley ****s all over Canelo-Lopez, which actually makes it a dumber move to put on the same date as a big Floyd fight (and it's not realistic Pac-Alvarado is going on that card).
            Canelo had the date first with Williams why should he give up his date?

Comment

Canelo had the date first with Williams why should he give up his date?
              http://ring tv.craveonline.com/blog/172229-martinez-signs-deal-to-fight-chavez-jr-lee-winner-on-sept-15

(remove space between "ring" and "tv")

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...-per-view-bout

check the dates, bro.

Not to mention, thereafter, Schaefer proposed Canelo-Lopez to HBO on Sept 15th and they said no we want Martinez vs Chavez. Instead of pushing the smaller fight back a week or two, he took his show across the street for the same date.

Using your logic, I take it you suggest Arum keep the date and Floyd shouldn't fight on Sept 14th because he has nothing signed and hasn't even gotten past May 4th? C'mon man, this **** is petty. There were unnecessary moves made last time, no need for it again.

At this point Marquez-Bradley is signed, they want Sept 14th, it makes sense for Sept 14th. And still TR has gone on record as saying if Floyd wants that date, it's his to have. Otherwise they intend on keeping Marquez-Bradley put for Sept 14. No one else has signed a fight for that date, so obviously I think it's fair, but we'll see how things play out.
              Last edited by SCEN3RY; 04-24-2013, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Not happening. Pac-Alvarado/Rios in October, and Bradley-Marquez September 14. But Arum said they'll switch dates if Floyd fights on that day, but not if Golden Boy puts a different fight on that day, a Canelo fight presumably.

Comment

Golden Boy could realisticly do this card

Floyd fight
                  Canelo fight
                  Broner fight
                  Thurman fight

Top Rank would be stupid to stack a card when is their next card? It's cause they have no bench.
                  You all keep forgetting that Top Rank is only at outs with Oscar. They have easy access to every other promoter in the world. Oscar doesn't have every top fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                    You all keep forgetting that Top Rank is only at outs with Oscar. They have easy access to every other promoter in the world. Oscar doesn't have every top fighter.
                    Wrong. Golden Boy can still work with anyone else too, but Top Rank. Vice-versa for Top Rank. They only can't work with each other.

Comment

It'll never happen, but it's an interesting hypothetical question. Kinda like a fantasy fight.

I think Pac/Alvarado + JMM/Bradley would outsell Floyd/TBA head to head, unless the TBA was Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X