No announcement yet.

I don't think Broner would beat Rios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think Broner would beat Rios

I think Broner looked great last Saturday and hes world class, but i think Rios has the perfect style to beat him. I have yet to see Broner get on his toes and box (effectively). He seems like hes best at stalking his opponent (De Leon, Demarco, Escobedo, Litzau ect) and i think Rios would be more than happy to make it an in close exchange. Rios doesn't have the long arms of Demarco, he has short arms made for compact hooks and in fighting and hes already naturally stronger than Broner and IMO hits harder. Since people like comparing him to Mayweather, i wanna bring up the first Castillio fight. Floyd tried early to bang a little with Jose to prove that he can stay inside with him when he needed to , but when it didn't work, he was forced to fight on his heels for the remaining portion of the fight. This is the biggest difference between Broner and Floyd. Floyd had the ability to fight on his back foot because that was natural to him, he had the skill and ring IQ from a technical standpoint to do so. Broner hasn't showed me yet that he can box/counter while on his toes. If he did, he would have did that to De Leon. Broner would not, and i repeat not, get the better of Rios in an up close dog fight. It simply wouldn't happen.

Me neither.....

Comment

On the boxing talk show Burner and Horus, two huge Broner fans said that Rios would be the man to bring out the fighter in Broner, and that Rios has a very good chance. I think I agree.

Rios has to get down and dirty though, then we can see how Broner handle's that type of pressure.

And before people bring up the Abril fight, Broner fights nothing like Abril.

Comment

I would love to see it. See what both guys are made of. Assuming Rios is still relevant when Broner moves up.

Comment

Keep feeding him these guys that use their face as defense and care more about looking tough for the crowd than actually winning. He'll keep looking the same every time out.

Comment

With a guy like Broner you always want to see how he handles an aggressive banger walking him down. It's a classic match-up.

Comment

It would be nice if we could actually find out......

Comment

Rios would KO Broner. Love that fight though but will never happen TR+GBP= no fight.

Comment

Garcia, Matthysse, Peterson, all sound like more interesting opponents than Brandon The Punching Bag Rios. I even rather see how long Khan lasts with Broner until he gets knocked out.

Comment

Peterson

Dude so slick!

Comment

Working...
                    X