No announcement yet.

Apple VS Samsung Sales (to 12/12)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
    Pressing back button to go....................

back.

Most. Confusing. Thing. Ever.
    Can't blame him getting lost with the back button.

Comment

Back button is confusing lol what an idiot

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Not posted on the App for Apple.

Comment

You don't want to get into apps as the iPhone again shuts on android it either comes only to iPhone or iPhone first.

Comment

answer all the points I made son. true, most apart are on I phones first, not gonna lie, however so are the bugs. I sheep are test rats.

so you replied without a payslip son. how broke are you, show me your pay slip lol.

Comment

What iPhone took 4 years to sell 100 mill? You can see here that both the 4s and the 4 were at 95 and 90 respectively what are you talking about?

Comment

I was watching the Navigation in Android presentation from this year's Google I/O conference an I can't help thinking that the back button is still far from what it could be on Android. If it takes almost an hour to explain developers how to handle back it simply cannot be easy enough for users to understand. To me the biggest problem with the back button is its inconsistent behavior without any visual hint of the currently active state of the back button.

Improvements in Jelly Bean
                In Jelly Bean Google fixed one of the overloaded states of the back button (which was actually already fixed in Honeycomb but got broken on ICS phones) which is the dismissing of keyboard. On JB once they keyboard is open the back button changes to clear down indicator and there's no room for misunderstanding for users.

See this and other UI changes in JB in Taylor Ling's excellent write up in here. (Image by Taylor Ling)

Still confusing
                In Android you can easily switch between apps and tasks using the tab switcher, tapping on notifications or triggering intents from other apps. Therefore it is impossible to know what the back button does any given time.

What do you think the back button does in the screenshot on the left? You might get an idea if you read the content of the email but otherwise you can't even guess.

Software Button as Software Button
                When I first heard that Google was going to change from physical back buttons to on-screen back buttons I thought that this issue is finally going to get solved. The software button can help users by giving them tips about what is going to happen.
                If I share something from the Google Play with my email the back is going to take me back to the Google Play. Why not show that info to the users? Below, you see a very crude draft of how that could look like. Why couldn't the back button show the app it is going to take you?

This would also solve the problem of understanding internal vs. external navigation. When there is no icon users know that the navigation is internal in the app. I would also like to have a special icon for home screen so the users would know that pressing back on the last screen will kill the app and they end up to the home screen.
                What do you guys think?

http://java.dzone.com/articles/andro...till-confusing
                Taken from an android site.

Comment

Again dumbass, you don't have to use the back button if you don't have to.

However if you do, then one click will go back like a back click on a web browser LOL. Are you too dumb for that tramp? LOL.

What's so hard to understand?

Having one button causes a lot of stress. How many people have broken home buttons? LOL.

They had to make a simulation of it for the screen because it's so **** quality and breaks easily. LOL

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3401

Comment

Originally posted by piye View Post
                    I was watching the Navigation in Android presentation from this year's Google I/O conference an I can't help thinking that the back button is still far from what it could be on Android. If it takes almost an hour to explain developers how to handle back it simply cannot be easy enough for users to understand. To me the biggest problem with the back button is its inconsistent behavior without any visual hint of the currently active state of the back button.

Improvements in Jelly Bean
                    In Jelly Bean Google fixed one of the overloaded states of the back button (which was actually already fixed in Honeycomb but got broken on ICS phones) which is the dismissing of keyboard. On JB once they keyboard is open the back button changes to clear down indicator and there's no room for misunderstanding for users.

See this and other UI changes in JB in Taylor Ling's excellent write up in here. (Image by Taylor Ling)

Still confusing
                    In Android you can easily switch between apps and tasks using the tab switcher, tapping on notifications or triggering intents from other apps. Therefore it is impossible to know what the back button does any given time.

What do you think the back button does in the screenshot on the left? You might get an idea if you read the content of the email but otherwise you can't even guess.

Software Button as Software Button
                    When I first heard that Google was going to change from physical back buttons to on-screen back buttons I thought that this issue is finally going to get solved. The software button can help users by giving them tips about what is going to happen.
                    If I share something from the Google Play with my email the back is going to take me back to the Google Play. Why not show that info to the users? Below, you see a very crude draft of how that could look like. Why couldn't the back button show the app it is going to take you?

This would also solve the problem of understanding internal vs. external navigation. When there is no icon users know that the navigation is internal in the app. I would also like to have a special icon for home screen so the users would know that pressing back on the last screen will kill the app and they end up to the home screen.
                    What do you guys think?

http://java.dzone.com/articles/andro...till-confusing
                    Taken from an android site.
                    Also he moans about if you send an e-mail from google play, when you press back on the email, it will go to google play again. What is wrong with that exactly?

If you are on Youtube and then go onto an email page and press back, it will go back to Youtube.

Is that not normal? LOL.

If that is what confuses you then son, you have 99 problems and a no back is one.

In Android, you can easily switch between apps he says too. You can't on Apple products.

Comment

Yes you can dummy 4 finger swipe left or right to switch apps.

Comment

Working...
                      X