No announcement yet.

Is it me or is Amir Khan and career going to be same as Jermaine Taylor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it me or is Amir Khan and career going to be same as Jermaine Taylor

Is it me or is Amir Khan and his career going to be same as Jermaine Taylor,
    i have wondered this for a while, whilst people think Maidana as a test
    I look at the accuracy of Maidiana and think otherwise. he cant counter punch, throws wild hooks all night long which can be avioded and counterpunched, and really is a terrible boxer. I think at any stage of Khans career he goes up against a Canelo or big hitter who can walk through khan his speed early on he will suffer a KO that will break him. We saw this with Jermaine Taylor and I think when Khan finally decides to take on elite fighters this will be the end of him

Originally posted by steeluv View Post
    Is it me or is Amir Khan and his career going to be same as Jermaine Taylor,
    i have wondered this for a while, whilst people think Maidana as a test
    I look at the accuracy of Maidiana and think otherwise. he cant counter punch, throws wild hooks all night long which can be avioded and counterpunched, and really is a terrible boxer. I think at any stage of Khans career he goes up against a Canelo or big hitter who can walk through khan his speed early on he will suffer a KO that will break him. We saw this with Jermaine Taylor and I think when Khan finally decides to take on elite fighters this will be the end of him
    Khan is a small 140lb'r, Alvarez a big 154lb'r I dont think they will ever cross paths, thats like asking if Floyd came across Mikkel Kessler would he fold?

Otherwise I do agree, Maidana fight was telling, A truly elite fighter would take Maidana apart easily, break him down and bomb him out late, he's the Edison Miranda of 140lbs.

Amir is very talented but has too many frailties, which will be shown up from time to time. His power is just a little too lacking for his style to be 100% effective, he is unsteady on his feet, lacks punch variety and has average at best punch resistance, his defence is leaky and he has no inside game.

The plus points are he has great hand and footspeed, underrated toughness, good height and length and a nice jab, he's pretty good, but not great. He needs to learn better defence, clinching and inside fighting skills, and also needs to relax in the ring, learn when to set his feet, learn when to punch with his opponent.

Against Lamont, P.E.D's aside Amir was quick enough to be able to plant his feet, beat Petersen to the punch, move to Petersens side, reset and throw, this way he could of landed harder shots, insted he folded, retreated, punched on the backfoot (sapping his shots of power) and allowed himself to be caught on the ropes, not imressive. Although I feel the problem stems from roach overrating Amir's punch power and beliving he can emulate Pacquiao, which he cannot, he needs to use his advantages i.e height and reach in ways Pac cannot, but lose the raiding tactics, they favour Pacs abilities and natural advantages, not Amir's.

Otherwise he is fun to watch though, I think he'll have a decent career, mostly wins with the odd loss sprinkled here and there.
    Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 05-29-2012, 06:22 AM.

Comment

lol Jermaine Taylor actually beat a couple top guns, Hopkins, Winky (draw), and very nearly beat Froch, etc..these are all A grade fighters..

Khan has beaten who?..at best B grade fighters!!..and also lost to Prescott and Peterson, who are also B grade fighters..

I still see Khan as a glorified amateur, another British hype job who they are trying to hype up like Hatton..

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Lesnar View Post
        Khan is a small 140lb'r, Alvarez a big 154lb'r I dont think they will ever cross paths, thats like asking if Floyd came across Mikkel Kessler would he fold?

Otherwise I do agree, Maidana fight was telling, A truly elite fighter would take Maidana apart easily, break him down and bomb him out late, he's the Edison Miranda of 140lbs.

Amir is very talented but has too many frailties, which will be shown up from time to time. His power is just a little too lacking for his style to be 100% effective, he is unsteady on his feet, lacks punch variety and has average at best punch resistance, his defence is leaky and he has no inside game.

The plus points are he has great hand and footspeed, underrated toughness, good height and length and a nice jab, he's pretty good, but not great.

Otherwise he is fun to watch though, I think he'll have a decent career, mostly wins with the odd loss sprinkled here and there.
        i wasnt meaning Canelo, I meant someone like him hense the use of 'a ' canelo not actual meaning canelo but someone with similar attributes

Comment

Originally posted by moochi View Post
          lol Jermaine Taylor actually beat a couple top guns, Hopkins, Winky (draw), and very nearly beat Froch, etc..these are all A grade fighters..

Khan has beaten who?..at best B grade fighters!!..and also lost to Prescott and Peterson, who are also B grade fighters..

I still see Khan as a glorified amateur, another British hype job who they are trying to hype up like Hatton..
          I feel Khan has the potential to outbox fighters like B hop who are not hard hitters, thats why is partial hyped, but if he comes against an acurate hard hitting counter puncher, or someone who can walk through his game and land solid shots its good night Amir

Comment

i wasnt meaning Canelo, I meant someone like him hense the use of 'a ' canelo not actual meaning canelo but someone with similar attributes
            I agree, people saying Khan vs Ortiz or even Berto is a good fight are tripping imo, Khan would get massacred, i'd bet heavy on either to KO him the way he fights right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Lesnar View Post

The plus points are he has great hand and footspeed, underrated toughness, good height and length and a nice jab, he's pretty good, but not great. He needs to learn better defence, clinching and inside fighting skills, and also needs to relax in the ring, learn when to set his feet, learn when to punch with his opponent.

Against Lamont, P.E.D's aside Amir was quick enough to be able to plant his feet, beat Petersen to the punch, move to Petersens side, reset and throw, this way he could of landed harder shots, insted he folded, retreated, punched on the backfoot (sapping his shots of power) and allowed himself to be caught on the ropes, not imressive. Although I feel the problem stems from roach overrating Amir's punch power and beliving he can emulate Pacquiao, which he cannot, he needs to use his advantages i.e height and reach in ways Pac cannot, but lose the raiding tactics, they favour Pacs abilities and natural advantages, not Amir's.

your opinon is right on the money! Khan should never try to be macho he just cant do it against the elite, he should use his foot and handspeed , he cant needs to learn to fight close up phonebox style

Comment

I feel Khan has the potential to outbox fighters like B hop who are not hard hitters, thats why is partial hyped, but if he comes against an acurate hard hitting counter puncher, or someone who can walk through his game and land solid shots its good night Amir
                Go on and go educate yourself kid. This post is hugh grant level of stupid.

Comment

"Khan is a small 140lb'r"

He is like 5"10/5"11 of muscle at that weight. Look at his fight vs Judah, then tell me who is a small 140er. He is bigger than pretty much all 140'ers......he is a good fighter but beatable, he has hole in his game and people know it. His chin isn't great, but it isn't as bad as people think it is and he has that toughness/heart which gets him through certain situations even though his punch resistance isn't as good. I hate it when he taunts the opponent though, because I can tell he is hurt...you can tell he is out of it and not thinking straight.

Comment

@ your spelling of fighters names in your sig the best being prince naseem Ahmed loooool

Comment

Working...
                    X