Collapse
No announcement yet.

rank these recent european fighters...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rank these recent european fighters...

in order of greatness.

-Wladimir klitschko 56-3. Olympic gold medalist, current linear HW champ, greatest post millenium HW! (Noteable wins include david haye, chris byrd, ruslan chagaev, eddie chambers, sultan ibragimov, sam peter, tony thompson etc)

-Dariusz michalkewski 50-2. Michalczewski is a former WBO, WBA, IBF & Lineal Light Heavyweight Champion (from 97-02) and WBO Cruiserweight Champion. He was within one victory of tying Rocky Marciano's all-time record for an undefeated record by a world champion boxer. (Noteable wins include montel griffin, virgil hill, graciano rochigianni, richard hall , drake thadzi etc)

-Kostya tsyu 43-2. A world amateur gold medallist, A four-time world Light Welterweight Champion, including a period of time as the Undisputed Light Welterweight Champion. Tszyu was the first champion to unify the light welterweight division in over 30 years. (Noteable wins include sharmba mitchell, judah, julio cesar chavez, hurtado, ben tackie etc)

- Vitali klitschko 44-2. A 3x HW champ. Has an ATG comeback, never been down or behind on the scorecards. (noteable wins include herbie hide, corrie sanders, sam peter, kevin johnson, J C gomez, briggs, danny williams, solis, arreola, orlin norris etc)

-Joe calzaghe 46-0. He is a former WBO, IBF, WBC, WBA & The Ring Super Middleweight Champion and The Ring Light Heavyweight Champion. Calzaghe is the longest-reigning world champion in recent years, having held the WBO Super Middleweight title for over ten years and made 21 successful defenses.
    (Noteable wins include eubank, byron mitchel, sakio bika, robin reid, bhop, kessler, jelf lacy, brewer and ritchie woodhall)

-Tomasz adamek 47-2. He is the former WBC Light Heavyweight Champion and the former IBF & The Ring Cruiserweight Champion. Has the potential to be a 3 weight world champ should vitali retire or a i.e povetkin fight come to fruition! Noteable wins include grant, golota, arreola, cunningham, estrada, oneill bell and paul briggs.

-Lucian bute 30-0. Bute is the current IBF Super Middleweight Champion. I think he wil beat froch that's why i have included him here. Still a little too early to tell maybe but he has the goods no doubt, im expecting great things from him.

-Alexander Povetkin 24-0. A 4x gold medalist (including olympic gold) and current WBA HW champ, holds wins over marco huck, byrd, ruslan chagaev, eddie chambers, estrada and larry donald.

-David haye 27-2. Putting all toe's to one side lol haye is a very talented fighter/athlete. Haye is the former WBA heavyweight champion. He is also the former unified world cruiserweight champion, holding the WBA, WBC, WBO, and The Ring cruiserweight titles. Noteable wins include barrett, valuev, ruiz, macarinelli, mormeck, bonin, fragomeni.

-Henry Maske 32-1. A 5x gold medallist (including olympic gold) maske won the IBF world LHW title, Maske defended his title ten times between 1993 and 1996. He defeated iran barkley, graciano rochigianni, virgill hill, john scully etc
    Last edited by 1g5a22; 05-03-2012, 09:35 AM.

They should all get the equal respect as any boxer from American, Mexican, PR, or any part of the world.

Sadly they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by 1g5a22 View Post
      in order of greatness.

-Wladimir klitschko 56-3. Olympic gold medalist, current linear HW champ, greatest post millenium HW! (Noteable wins include david haye, chris byrd, ruslan chagaev, eddie chambers, sultan ibragimov, sam peter, tony thompson etc)

-Dariusz michalkewski 50-2. Michalczewski is a former WBO, WBA, IBF & Lineal Light Heavyweight Champion (from 97-02) and WBO Cruiserweight Champion. He was within one victory of tying Rocky Marciano's all-time record for an undefeated record by a world champion boxer. (Noteable wins include montel griffin, virgil hill, graciano rochigianni, richard hall , drake thadzi etc)

-Kostya tsyu 43-2. A world amateur gold medallist, A four-time world Light Welterweight Champion, including a period of time as the Undisputed Light Welterweight Champion. Tszyu was the first champion to unify the light welterweight division in over 30 years. (Noteable wins include sharmba mitchell, judah, julio cesar chavez, hurtado, ben tackie etc)

- Vitali klitschko a 3X HW champ. Has an ATG comeback, never been down or behind on the scorecards. (noteable wins include herbie hide, corie sanders, sam peter, kevin johnson, J C gomez, briggs, danny williams, solis, arreola, orlin norris etc)

-Joe calzaghe 46-0. He is a former WBO, IBF, WBC, WBA & The Ring Super Middleweight Champion and The Ring Light Heavyweight Champion. Calzaghe is the longest-reigning world champion in recent years, having held the WBO Super Middleweight title for over ten years and made 21 successful defenses.
      (Noteable wins include eubank, byron mitchel, sakio bika, robin reid, bhop, kessler, jelf lacy, brewer and ritchie woodhall)

-Tomasz adamek 47-2. He is the former WBC Light Heavyweight Champion and the former IBF & The Ring Cruiserweight Champion. Has the potential to be a 3 weight world champ should vitali retire or a i.e povetkin fight come to fruition! (noteable wins include

-Lucian bute 30-0. Bute is the current IBF Super Middleweight Champion. I think he wil beat froch thats why i have included him here. Still a little too early to tell maybe but he has the goods no doubt.

-Alexander Povetkin 24-0. A 4X gold medalist and current WBA HW champ
      I wouldn't use the word greatness because Kosta and Wlad are the only ones considered great. But Its prob Wlad, Kosta, Joe then take your pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        I wouldn't use the word greatness because Kosta and Wlad are the only ones considered great. But Its prob Wlad, Kosta, Joe then take your pick.
        in your opinion.

Comment

[QUOTE=1g5a22;12061746]in order of greatness.

1-Kostya tsyu
          2-Wladimir klitschko
          3- Vitali klitschko
          4-Tomasz adamek
          5-Lucian bute (hasnt proven it yet but he will be better than all those listed beneath him)
          6-Dariusz michalkewski
          7-David haye
          8-Alexander Povetkin
          9-Joe calzaghe
          10-Henry Maske

Comment

Were is lennox on that list!

Comment

Bute and Povetkin shouldnt be on this list cause they didnt beat a real good champion. Povetkin is a paper champion. The other guys on the list are pretty awesome. the Klitschkos are ATG Heavyweights, Kostya Tszyu is a top3 All time 140 pound fighter, Michalczewski is pretty much a top 3 LH all time with a record of title defences. Henry Maske was an excellent fighter with a very high ring IQ a la Hopkins.
              Calzaghe is overrated imo. Fought lots of bums and ducked quite some fighters.
              Adamek is great also, highly skilled. All fighters on the list except Bute and Povetkin are hall of famers without a doubt.

here is my rating:
              1. Wlad Klitschko
              2. Vitali Klitschko (I rate the heavyweights so high cause its the king division in boxing)
              3. Dariusz Michalczewski
              4. Kostya Tszyu
              5. Tomasz Adamek
              6. Joe Calzaghe
              7. David Haye
              8. Henry Maske
              9. Lucian Bute
              10. Alexander Povetkin
              Last edited by raskat; 05-03-2012, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                1.Wladimir Klitschko
                2.Vitaly Klitschko
                3.Joe Calzaghe
                4.Dariusz Michalczewski
                5.Tomasz Adamek
                6.David Haye
                7.Alexander Povetkin
                8.Lucian Bute
                Maske not included as I know him only from boxrec to be honest, but I might put him right behind Michalczewski.
                Bro, you gotta watch fights of Henry Maske, he had a ring intelligence second to nobody. His ring IQ is as high as Bernard Hopkins'
                You gotta watch fights of him!

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
                  Bro, you gotta watch fights of Henry Maske, he had a ring intelligence second to nobody. His ring IQ is as high as Bernard Hopkins'
                  You gotta watch fights of him!
                  Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8hyro8G2-8&feature=fvst

The klitschkos are big fans.

Maske was a tall rangy southpaw...a great and sometimes under appreciated fighter.

Comment

Wladimir Klitschko.
                    Kostya Tyszu.
                    Vitali Klitschko.
                    Tomasz Adamek.
                    Joe Calzaghe.
                    Dariusz Michalkewski.
                    Henry Maske.
                    Alexander Povetkin
                    David Haye
                    Lucian Bute.

Comment