Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Bob Foster one punch KO Marvin Hagler?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he walks one without seeing it he would suffer the same fate any other guy his size would suffer. Yes, it could happen. You're talking about one of the great punchers at 175. Hagler had a great chin, but to think it's an impossobilty to see him hurt badly or stopped by shots he can't see is a bit mch. Hagler's defense and conditionign is at least as reponsible for his never being stopped as the chin he was born with. If he showed up unprepared and punches his way into a hard hook he didn't see he would go out, just like anybody else
    Last edited by New England; 02-04-2012, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
      Anything is possible but I would back Hagler's chin over Foster's amazing power.
      I dont know man, the way Foster knocked out natural light- heavyweights... the weght diff between middleweight and lightheavyweight. I think Foster could definetly take him out with one punch, not like unconscious but enough to be down for a 10 count.

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
        I dont know man, the way Foster knocked out natural light- heavyweights... the weght diff between middleweight and lightheavyweight. I think Foster could definetly take him out with one punch, not like unconscious but enough to be down for a 10 count.
        True, I was taking in Haglers defense and style which aided him and his chin in his career. If Hagler lowered his guard and walked into one of Foster's bombs it could happen. But if anyone could stand to such a tremendous puncher I could see it being Hagler.

Pierre Fourie was a middleweight that went the 15 round distance twice with Foster for the light heavyweight title, both times Fourie weighed in at the suppermiddleweight limit 168(before sm was a division).

Comment

Say if it was Hagler on the receiving end of those left hooks that Foster threw against Tiger and Quarry would Hagler have been able to get up?? Personally I don't think he would. Those punches were damn devastating
          nobody sparks hagler, the guy probably had a better chin than lamotta - he might be wobbled or go down but not for the full count imo

Comment

Yes Bob Could Ko Him!

With the right punch in the right situation in a fight anyone could be knocked out, but with Hagler & Foster in 2 different divisions & Bob being a huge Power guy in an upper division, if Hagler moved up, Bob would knock him out or have a chance to, or if they just met at their best weights, still Bob would be too big & Powerful, no matter how good Hagler's chin is, he could not hold up an entire Fight against one of the Hardest Punchers in history in the Division above him.

Comment

Hagler had a middleweight body with a heavyweight chin, at heavyweight it would be average. Hagler would definitely not walk through fosters punches but I don't see haggler being knocked out with 1 punch. I think foster finishes him after 2 or 3 knockdowns or the ref jumping in, coz foster punches WOULD hurt haggler. Hagler at that weight though would give his bowling ball head some extra shock absorbers

Comment

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
                Hagler had a middleweight body with a heavyweight chin, at heavyweight it would be average. Hagler would definitely not walk through fosters punches but I don't see haggler being knocked out with 1 punch. I think foster finishes him after 2 or 3 knockdowns or the ref jumping in, coz foster punches WOULD hurt haggler. Hagler at that weight though would give his bowling ball head some extra shock absorbers
                How do you rate Tigers chin in comparison to Haglers?

Comment

Foster could KO anyone at 175.

Comment

How do you rate Tigers chin in comparison to Haglers?
                    I think hagler had a unique head, other guys can have good chins due to the way there head sits on there body and I think it would take a very heavy handed guy to put haggler completely to sleep, I don't doubt that foster could knock him out just not cold, then again anyone can get knocked out cold by a sucker punch but haglers to skilled to let that happen

Comment

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
                      I think hagler had a unique head, other guys can have good chins due to the way there head sits on there body and I think it would take a very heavy handed guy to put haggler completely to sleep, I don't doubt that foster could knock him out just not cold, then again anyone can get knocked out cold by a sucker punch but haglers to skilled to let that happen
                      This theory was discussed in detail in the book "Sorcery at Caesars" in which Marantz talks about Hagler's unusual temporalis muscles in both temples of his head. Hagler's temporalis muscles were four times thicker than normal which Marantz describes as a 'helmet.' This was discovered during a medical exam. However, i tend to put more credence on his excellent conditioning which allowed him to take blows from all angles and vicious body shots. Remember, the Mugabi body shots had Hagler urinating blood for days, but he still took those shots. However, the abnormal temporalis muscles may help explain the Haglersteelchin.

Comment

Working...
                      X