Comments Thread For: Mitchell: If Klitschkos Were American, Fans Would Rave

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seth is 100% correct

Comment

I don't fully agree with that he is saying. I think they would be more popular and get a little more love. But I don't think overall america would rave over them.

Comment

Imagine if wlad was black, had tats, earings, a police record and an attitude. He would be treated like a god

Comment

Larry Holmes completely dominated the HWD from 1978-1985 and Americans didnt even give a damn.

Wlads 3 most hyped fights in America have been: Peter I, Ibragimov and Haye which were all 12 round decisions.

Comment

New headline.....

If Wlad were exciting and Vitaly fought decent fighters, fans would rave!!

Comment

Originally posted by gordon gekko View Post
              mayweather sells himself outside of the ring. The klitschko's have dull personalities.

Pacquiao is popular in the us and he's not american. The author is a ******.
              b-i-n-g-o!!!

Comment

In the Ring, Wladimir and Floyd are just about the same as far as entertainment goes. Now if the difference is what Floyd does outside the Ring and that's what people like so much then that's just stupid. I thought we was suppose to be fans of a Boxers Boxing ability, not their Personality???

Comment

wow, youre kidding me...American fans support American fighters?! THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

If the Klitschkos were American, theyd be bigger in America, but not as big in Germany. tada! So difficult to figure out!

reminder: When Chris Byrd was considered the best heavyweight in the world, Americans didnt give a damn.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko View Post
                    Mayweather sells himself outside of the ring. The Klitschko's have dull personalities.

Pacquiao is popular in the US and he's not American. The author is a ******.
                    So I guess if one burns dollar notes in public and beats women he must have a fantastic personality.

The Klitschko's have great personalities. They also fight for democracy and donate millions to Africa, but some stupid Americans don't seem to care about that and call it "dull".

Pacquiao is popular because East Asia is closer to America than Germany (not geographical but culturally & social-scientific). The Philippines are also historically & politically connected to America, plus most of Mannys fights happening in the US. That's the simple reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
                      So I guess if one burns dollar notes in public and beats women he must have a fantastic personality.

The Klitschko's have great personalities. They also fight for democracy and donate millions to Africa, but some stupid Americans don't seem to care about that and call it "dull".

Pacquiao is popular because East Asia is closer to America than Germany (not geographical but culturally & social-scientific). The Philippines are also historically & politically connected to America, plus most of Mannys fights happening in the US. That's the simple reason.
                      The Klits are good guys but they're boring, plain and simple. Floyd is a douche bag who I can't stand, but love him or hate him he gets peoples blood boiling and is controversial.

With all due respect, that last paragraph is the stupidest bit of reasoning I've heard yet. East Asia is closer than Germany.....lmao, nobody in their right mind gives a shit or even considers that. Stop grasping at straws.

Comment

Working...
                      X