Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys see Thurman getting a shot at Mayweather before he retires?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope Thurman is one of Floyd's final fights. I think he hurts 'em

Comment

If he stays undefeated then he's numero uno in terms of actually making it competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Cali boxer View Post
        Thurman looked very good against a game Karass, but I don't think he's really deserving of a shot yet. I'm thinking with 2 good wins against the likes of 2 of the following: (Porter, Khan, Paulie, Broner, Alexander) then he might get the last crack at Mayweather. What do you guys think?
        One Time hasnt yet earned a shot at Money Mayweather, the biggest PPV attraction and the best fighter in the sport. But for guys like Porter (or his dad) to be saying he needs some wins first is ridiculous, he's beat Soto Karass, Carlos Quintana, Jan Zaveck and Diego Chaves who were all live fighters at world level if not elite. Thurman is mustard, he's ballsy, hits real hard, is fast of hand and foot, can box or bang, has a pretty good defence, doesn't neglect the body, has an engine and movement but most of all he has the right attitude.

Dont know that he will ever get the PBF shot given that Mayweather is due to retire real soon and Keith isn't a big money fight yet. But if Floyd isn't gonna fight Manny Pac or move to MW then i'd rather e faced a hungry young buck like Thurman or Garcia

Comment

What's people's definition of looking very good? He looks very sloppy to me. Anyway two to three wins over recognisable names should put him in line for a Mayweather fight. It'll probably end up happening May next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Cali boxer View Post
            Maybe, but I think he needs two. Beating Diego Chaves, Sotto Karass and potentialy beating a Porter is ok, but he needs another big name I think. Add Khan or Broner and he's a guy Mayweather can't ignore as his list is getting thin with possible opponents
            I agree. One big win gets him in (the running.)

Comment

I think he will..Hell I would not mind Thurman to get a shot right now..

Comment

Working...
              X