No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead[TV]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    I also disagree with "nothing", or no development happened in the episode. I don't know if you guys just like seeing action and completely ignore dialogue. I saw:

1. Rick's group and Gov's group bonding. What does this mean:

It's likely that when it's time to fight, the guys who bonded will probably not want to fight, which is huge.

2. Bill Gates now shows visible disagreement with what Gov is doing, and sees him as the "bad guy" that he truly is.

3. The Michonne/Rick/Gov negotiation was pretty tense. They are now involving Michonne a lot more in the series.
    it would be more entertaining, at least for me, if the whole episode would be all about Rick & Guvnor talking without the distractions...it ruins the tension everytime they cut away to the other characters

that could be a pretty good buildup if somehow their "war" is really inevitable

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      I actually like the negotiation part, Gov wants Michonne and now Rick's humanity was put in to question, he's even questioning himself and asking Hershel to change his mind about handing her over[or otherwise]. I also liked that when Rick approached the group after he negotiated with Governor, he lied to them and told them we are going to war, they want our prison, they want us dead. On the other hand, Governor is shown telling Bill Gates what he really intends to do, despite promising to let Rick's team go if he hands over Michonne, he instead intends to kill them all. Bill Gates shows a change of heart and does not seem to agree with what Governor plans to do, while Andrea acts "comfortable" with the situation, like oblivious to what the Governor might do, but also her acting gives it away, that she feels that Governor has something up his sleeve.

I liked the episode, I understand people don't like "boring", but what you guys see boring, I analyze it. My favorite genre is Drama, followed by Crime, then Sci Fi, so this series is perfect for me despite being Horror too.
      I don't need blood, guts and zombies 24/7 for it to be entertaining. I analyze things as well and love good dialog and story line. That isn't my issue, I honestly think the writing has gone down hill and the show is turning into nothing more than All My Children.

How is this for a story line:

When they went to the CDC, they found more than one person. They were sent on a mission to find a colony of humans that the scientists couldn't leave to confirm. Who might have a "cure".

How about the "evolution" of the zombies, making them "smarter" or physically faster?

I like the conflict of human vs human, but instead of some former insurance salesman with an eye patch (dumbest villain ever) the dynamic of distrust of humans comes into play.

Did you ever watch Apocalypto? There was a scene where the tribe came into contact with another tribe in the jungle and there was this moment of mistrust, fear and anxiety. I think this show needs that, it's too clean, to neat and tidy. Woodberry in the middle of a zombie apocalypse? LOL, they might as well have Aunt Bea serving apple pie with Gomer and Andy Griffith.

Terrible writing in the last season. They have so many other ways they can go that is more detailed into the characters lives. Now it's just a soap opera.

Comment

• Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
        They show the governor's gun under the table and he doesn't even try to use it.
        I think they showed the gun to show the viewer that no matter what the Governer says he doesn't mean it. He said to Rick he was disarming and encouraged Rick to do the same but he still had a gun under the table.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
          it would be more entertaining, at least for me, if the whole episode would be all about Rick & Guvnor talking without the distractions...it ruins the tension everytime they cut away to the other characters

They should have had Max Kellerman sitting in a chair asking questions during the Face Off.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post

The whole episode on Rick and Governor talking? God damn man, now THAT would be boring.

Comment

• Kellerman: Rick, people are saying you've lost control of the group and are questioning your leadership abilities and that the Governor is coming to take your head. What are you going to do about that?

Rick: Stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                They should have had Max Kellerman sitting in a chair asking questions during the Face Off.

now THAT would have been dope

walkers groaning in the background and Max's lispy voice

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  now THAT would have been dope

walkers groaning in the background and Max's lispy voice
                  Then they reveal the source of the virus came from Kellerman's herpe lip.

Comment

• It bothers the hell out of me how easy they make killing the governor look yet he gets away every time. There's no suspense at all. They really messed up this storyline that was supposed to be the best one from the comic.

Not really sure why they had to mess with the story from the comic. Do the show runners understand at all that no one gives a **** about Andrea at this point? Oh no she's going to get tortured! Everyone wants her to die at this point.

And this might be nitpicking but you're on foot for miles, all you have is a pocket knife, and you don't even look inside of a truck to at least try and hotwire it, find keys, supplies, anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                      It bothers the hell out of me how easy they make killing the governor look yet he gets away every time. There's no suspense at all. They really messed up this storyline that was supposed to be the best one from the comic.

Not really sure why they had to mess with the story from the comic. Do the show runners understand at all that no one gives a **** about Andrea at this point? Oh no she's going to get tortured! Everyone wants her to die at this point.

And this might be nitpicking but you're on foot for miles, all you have is a pocket knife, and you don't even look inside of a truck to at least try and hotwire it, find keys, supplies, anything?
                      Not only that, the gov is battling at least 20 walkers and he gets away even though he's cornered. Then he catches up to Andrea and subdues her with one hand...lol

She can't scream, fight, kick..nothing.

The storyline is going to ****. I think this show is going the way of Lost, good first 3 seasons but it's getting worse and worse.

Comment

Working...
                      X