Preparation for my first boxing match

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by V-spb View Post
    Don't put on your boxing kit too early.
    You might not realise it and will think you are calm but in fact by putting it on early you are likely to "burn" yourself
    Don't warm up earlier that necessary for the same reason
    what do you mean by this sir? Training too early is bad? I just wanna know 'cause I've been training hard for 2 months now for my first fight on late November. Is this bad?

Comment

Did I say "training"? I said "warming up" too early and only on the day of competition.
      Usually as soon as one begins to warm up he automatically switches into a fighting state of mind and if it's done too early he'll be without moral and physical strength by his fight.
      Hope, I've explained myself better this time )
      Last edited by V-spb; 09-12-2013, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by V-spb View Post
        Did I say "training"? I said "warming up" too early and only on the day of competition.
        Usually as soon as one begins to warm up he automatically switches into a fighting state of mind and if it's done too early he'll be without moral and physical strength by his fight.
        Hope, I've explained myself better this time )
        Oh okay. I didn't get what you meant by "don't put on your boxing kit too early." thanks man!

Comment

Originally posted by charlesblond View Post
          Keep calm about the whole training thing. im in the same situation as you and if you put your emotions aside you will find you become a much better fighter, if you want tips for your first fight however here i am.

1- first rule is to keep using your jab. even if you think its not working trust me it is and just keep it out there. it will drop your opponenents confidence and they will be scared to walk in on you. using your jab will also help you to find your distance and gain confidence.

2- by the second round you should have found your distance and now you can come in and throw some different punches. stick to the basic 12 112 and make sure you are always protecting your chin

3- as bad as it sounds body shots arent scored well enough in the ametuars so dont try and stick to there body, if it is completely open and hurting them, sure go ahead but body shots will only bring the result closer than it needs to be. you can use the body to change levely but make sure your scoring shots are too the head.

hope this helped mate, cheers.
          Thanks for your reply mate! Some helpful tips.

Originally posted by bugsybairan View Post
          Hey, Jeff, I think we have the same feeling about the first fight. I'm having mine this coming November. Not that I am not confident about my boxing but the over thinking. I can't avoid it. I realized it might be normal for first-time fighters because we want a sure win. But there's no such thing as a sure win in boxing so what we can do is train our hardest before the fight so that we won't regret anything no matter what the outcome is because we gave it our all.

About the training, I started my roadwork last July. I ran 5-6 times a week, alternating long moderate runs and interval sprints. I boxed twice or thrice, one of those sessions was sparring. I was also on diet because i am 5'5" and my weight was 141 lbs. I am now at 126 lbs and my goal for the fight is 6 pounds away. problem was I stopped for two months because of a shoulder injury while sparring. I didnt let that injury stop me from doing my roadwork though. Now I'm gradually coming back to the boxing gym while doing strength training, which I now really value. Haha. Bottom line, train your hardest when you can but never forget to rest too. Too much running may injure your foot or knee so keep track of the small changes in your body.

When's your fight? It would be nice if you update me with our progress for our first fight so we could compare. What's your target fighting weight?

Good luck, bro! Believe in your skills!
          Thanks for your reply bro, i guess we're in the same situation too hehe. My fight is 28th september! I'm pretty excited already. Just doing my best and training hard.

Comment

Hey Guys,

My fight is in 2 days (saturday 28th). I'm already at my fighting weight (73.5 kg, I box -75 kg = middleweight). I'm pretty nervous already. My legs feel pretty tired so I will take a rest day today.

What should I eat on the day of the fight BEFORE the weigh in? What and how much can I drink? What should I eat AFTER the weigh in? My weigh in is at 17:00 o'clock, my fight is at 19:00 o'clock.

Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by DutchBoxer View Post
              Hey Guys,

My fight is in 2 days (saturday 28th). I'm already at my fighting weight (73.5 kg, I box -75 kg = middleweight). I'm pretty nervous already. My legs feel pretty tired so I will take a rest day today.

What should I eat on the day of the fight BEFORE the weigh in? What and how much can I drink? What should I eat AFTER the weigh in? My weigh in is at 17:00 o'clock, my fight is at 19:00 o'clock.

Thanks guys.
              Make sure you eat some energy before the fight A BIT, something with "sugar" = Carbohydrate like chocolate after the weight in

The way out to your anxiety and fear is to accept that your opponets feels EXACTLY the same, maybe he is asking same questions around. Do not strive to WIN, strive to PERFORM
              Last edited by NVSemin; 09-26-2013, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DutchBoxer View Post
                Hey Guys,

Thanks guys.
                Good luck bro! Would love to hear from your first fight experience after.

Comment

Don't go eating refined sugars like a chocolate bar that's going to ****e your insulin and crash you later, as well as possibly upset your stomach if you've been eating clean. Have a banana, drink water and try to relax.

Comment

get alittle to eat after weighing-in and then drink 2 of those small V-8 bottles, it's all natural and will give you what you're looking for. But still essentially you will fight as you've trained.

sugar = quickly gassed............ Rockin'

Comment

Don't over train! Over training will just mess you up! Prepare smart!

Comment

Working...
                      X