Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who actually did the "running:" Rigo or Donaire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who actually did the "running:" Rigo or Donaire?

All I keep reading is that people don't like Rigondeaux because he runs away. But in that fight wasn't he the one working in the pocket, while Nonito was the one who didn't have a clue what to do on the inside?
    Nonito Donaire
    47.27%
    Guillermo Rigondeaux
    52.73%

Donaire didn't do shit, he was just there standing in front of Rigo without throwing punches. People say that boxers aren't afraid but the truth is that they're also humans and IMO Donaire just wanted to finish the fight on his feet.

Comment

This thread will bring out all the donaire fanboys and excuses....

Rigo schooled him and smashed his face up.......FACT
      Donaire tasted rigo's counters and became gunshy......FACT
      Donaire wont rematch Rigo, instead will stay at 122 for VIC rematch... FACT
      Donaire scared of RIGO.......

Comment

Donaire wasn't really doing anything but waiting to counter punch. He wasn't aggressive at all.

Comment

donaire only ran the last round, many time rigo just circled around the ring without throwing a punch to avoid donaire. Thats running in my eyes.

Whenever you do something purposely to avoid action only without offense then your running.

Comment

Without giving it any thought I would say it like this,

Rigo was running, but at least he was leading. Nonito was more confused than a 40 year old playing the 2011 release of Duke Nukem.

Comment

Rigo was doing the running, no doubt about it, but it's not like Donaire was trying to make the fight exciting either. People should watch all of Donaire's fights after Montiel and they will realize that EVERY SINGLE FIGHT the crowd has been restless and start booing.

Comment

Nonito fought aggressively at first then got the **** countered out of him. Then got scared and ain't wanna throw anything anymore. That was the real reason the action halted. Had he kept throwing we would gave seen him get hammered in more entertaining fashion. Lol but he fought scared the rest of the fight cuz he had nothing for Rigo.

Comment

This is all I remember from that night.

Last edited by UTEP; 07-11-2013, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Rigondeaux was using footwork, not running! If you look at the punch stats Rigo threw more, landed more and threw more power shots. Also look at the final round, Donaire didn't want to fight. He is the same in all his fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X