No announcement yet.

Clottey has a great defence and underrated handspeed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
    Yeah im expecting the Pac the stuck and moved circling around as apposed to the forward marching Destroyer Cotto was in with
    Yea, Because Clottey is a big WW i expect Pac to just use his better speed advantage and moe in and out, Clottey is very durable (Good chin) so Pac might not KO him IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray` View Post
      Yea, Because Clottey is a big WW i expect Pac to just use his better speed advantage and moe in and out, Clottey is very durable (Good chin) so Pac might not KO him IMO.
      It looks like a no win situation for Pac, Cotto beat Clottey even with the cut then Pac destroyed Cotto so he will be expected to shine against Joshua. Then again Pac is the kind of talent that can turn a no win situation into a win win situation (As Merchant once said about Mosley!)
      If he gets a KO win id be HIGHLY impressed

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
        Preperation for a certain someone? I know their defence are different but Manny will have to get his shots in through that tight guard and didn't Roach say he wanted a month or two to get Pac ready for fighting Floyd?

Clottey is about the same height as Floyd too.
        Floyd is blazing fast...................Clottey isnt.

Floyd fights on his toes..................Clottey is flat-footed.

Floyd gives angles.........................Clotey comes str8 foward.

Floyd has amazing reflexes................Clottey never moves his head.

Floyd is VERY accurate......................Clotey wastes punches.

Floyd can go 12 rounds with ease..................Clottey can go 6 with ease.

Floyd doesnt take rounds off..........................Clottey always does.

Clottey and Floyd fight NOTHING alike.

Comment

Clottey doesn't work enough...Floyd uses movement and defense to make you miss...Clottey just uses his tight guard...

Clottey and Floyd don't fight the same...I don't see the comparison...Clottey's hands aint as fast as Floyd's either...

Comment

Yeah I don't like this comparison. Clottey does have a good defence, but it's a different defence than the one that Floyd uses. Nothing wrong with what Joshua does, but it won't really be preparation for Mayweather.

Given how good his chin is, I wonder why Clottey doesn't go to war in his fights, it seems to me he'd have a good shot at steamrolling people that way. Guess it's not his personality... I'll tell you though, he really irritated me when he fought Cotto. I was disgusted after the fight because he just let it slip away when he could have won with just a bit more effort.

Comment

Working...
            X