No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cunningham: Alexander Broke Left Hand in First Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cunningham: Alexander Broke Left Hand in First Round

Devon Alexander's trainer and manager Kevin Cunningham has advised BoxingScene.com that his fighter broke his left hand in the first round of his TKO victory over Lee Purdy last night in Atlantic City.

After the first round it was obvious that something was wrong with Alexander's left hand as he began to use his right hand almost exclusively. Between rounds Cunningham could be heard telling his fighter to at least feint and paw with his left hand to keep his opponent off balance.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm amazed by this UK style defense where the fighter puts his arms and hands in front of him like he's about to be in a car accident and stands there and does nothing while the opposing fighter wings shots at him all night and eventually ****s his hands up, we saw purdy doing it last night, Murray utilized it against martinez , Ricky burns even pulled it off against chelo. The only guy who doesn't do it is amir khan and his chin is like a blast furnace.

Comment

I really hope that was the case last night because he did not look powerful as the fight went on. I was worried i was about to watch a 12 round dull exhibition. Now to get that hand healed up
      And try again.

Comment

hopefully this closes the door on a possible mayweather fight in sept.

Comment

if Cherrypicker fights Devon, it's a total waste of Showtime's money, I hope Showtime got veto power over who Cherrypicker fights

Comment

Originally posted by Big_L
            hopefully this closes the door on a possible mayweather fight in sept.
            He has about 6-8 weeks before he would start camp so it all depends on how bad it is.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
              if Cherrypicker fights Devon, it's a total waste of Showtime's money, I hope Showtime got veto power over who Cherrypicker fights
              Why would that be a cherry pick? He's a champion in two weight classes. And realistically, who do you want him to fight? Keep in mind, Floyd walks around at the same weight as lightweights. He's really a 135-pounder, 140 max.

Comment

Originally posted by shoog View Post
                I'm amazed by this UK style defense where the fighter puts his arms and hands in front of him like he's about to be in a car accident and stands there and does nothing while the opposing fighter wings shots at him all night and eventually ****s his hands up, we saw purdy doing it last night, Murray utilized it against martinez , Ricky burns even pulled it off against chelo. The only guy who doesn't do it is amir khan and his chin is like a blast furnace.
                Ha!!! great observation.

Comment

Originally posted by turkas View Post
                  He has about 6-8 weeks before he would start camp so it all depends on how bad it is.

He's going to the doctor today. Mayweather has an injured hand too remember so both of them will have some time off before camp.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by turkas

He's going to the doctor today. Mayweather has an injured hand too remember so both of them will have some time off before camp.
                    My thinking too. Unless its really bad, he'd probably be just fine to fight in September.

Comment

Working...
                    X