No announcement yet.

Don't sleep on Vargas, he could very well upset Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't sleep on Vargas, he could very well upset Manny Pacquiao

People sleeping on Vargas because he lost to Bradley, but Marquez got whooped by Bradley too yet he KO'ed Pac with a right hand. Vargas overhand right hurt Bradley in that last round a lot more than Marquez ever hurt Bradley.

Vargas looked dangerous in his last fight, Pac is turning 38 in a few days. Pac is rightfully the favorite but Vargas is hungry and he has a chance to take this fight with that right hand.

Vargas has much better timing than Margarito or Rios and is much smarter, and Pac is at that point where he could age overnight.

Another fight where PAC is facing a younger, bigger, taller, hungry and highly motivated fighter. Anything can happen since Vargas is also aggressive and willing to trade with PAC. Vargas won't be reluctant to throw bombs.

Comment

I think you have a decent point. The problem is he does not have the timing or ring smarts of a Marquez, he won't have the benefit of having seen Pacquiao 3 times, he does not have great footwork. Anyone without good foot work cannot touch Pacquiao. You need to have good balance, and footwork to defeat Pacquiao.

I think if Pacquiao employs a similar game plan to what he used with De La Hoya then it should be an easy night.

I do think Vargas will have his moments, he is a good fighter. I also think that Vargas is a true warrior, and I actually like him with his new trainer. The issue is that he just doesn't have the timing or athleticism to compete with even this version of Pacquiao. I am hoping for a good even fight as those are my favorites but I just don't see it. I think the best fight at welterweight for Pacquiao is Thurman. Thurman has good footwork, balance, power, and timing (weakish chin so knockout in that fight for either is possible).

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodvenger View Post
        People sleeping on Vargas because he lost to Bradley, but Marquez got whooped by Bradley too yet he KO'ed Pac with a right hand. Vargas overhand right hurt Bradley in that last round a lot more than Marquez ever hurt Bradley.

Vargas looked dangerous in his last fight, Pac is turning 38 in a few days. Pac is rightfully the favorite but Vargas is hungry and he has a chance to take this fight with that right hand.

Vargas has much better timing than Margarito or Rios and is much smarter, and Pac is at that point where he could age overnight.
        the thing is that pac beat bradley though. so not sure what your point is by bringing up vargas and marquez losing to bradley? and marquez never landed his right hand as flush as vargas did on bradley. plus marquez fought manny 3 times prior to knocking him out.

Comment

Vargas will probably pull the upset off easy, did you see how tall this kid is? he is no algieri he has actual power, the record is deceiving remember Kendall Holt he had a few KO's early in his career but is one of the hardest hitters in the sport.

Vargas will win by overhand right ko.

Thats all he needs, Pac is older, slower, and past prime, Vargas is young, ready, taller, longer, stronger and fresher with more power and a iron chin.

This fight will come down to chins. and Vargas hast he better chin and more devastating one punch power, the way he hurt Bradley is far worse than Pac or even Ruslan hurt Bradly, he also knocked out Sadam Ali something vicious.

Comment

Vargas is a bum.

Comment

if vargas does legitimately beat pac, pac should retire on the spot.

Comment

alcherry - 5'10''
                margacheato - 5'11''
                soon to add vargas to this list

zzzzzzzzzz............

Comment

Can someone tell me when Vargas suddenly became a puncher? I keep seeing people talk like he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
                    Vargas is a bum.
                    this.

let's stop pretending he has a chance at beating Pac unless Pac is beyond shot

Comment

Working...
                    X