No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto is Busting Up Sparring Partners, Fierce For Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
    You serious? I think he just misspelled deity.

Shhh happens bruh

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjer88 View Post
      I'd be cool with abolishing catchweights for championship fights. Beyond that, whatever the fighters agree to is fine with me. I agree that if Cotto and GGG both win, Cotto should fight GGG at 160 or drop the belt.
      Not all catchweights are created equal.

Whitaker-Chavez at a catchweight was fine by me.

Same with Pacquiao-Cotto and Mayweather-Alvarez.

Some obviously are just terrible but I think you can look at each case by case.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Not all catchweights are created equal.

Whitaker-Chavez at a catchweight was fine by me.

Same with Pacquiao-Cotto and Mayweather-Alvarez.

Some obviously are just terrible but I think you can look at each case by case.
        how would you feel about catchweights in the following cases: rigondeaux-lomachenko, golovkin-ward and ward-kovalev?

Comment

• Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
          how would you feel about catchweights in the following cases: rigondeaux-lomachenko, golovkin-ward and ward-kovalev?
          Don't like them for any of those bouts, really. Rigo-Loma might be the closest to passable.

Comment

I'd be cool with abolishing catchweights for championship fights. Beyond that, whatever the fighters agree to is fine with me. I agree that if Cotto and GGG both win, Cotto should fight GGG at 160 or drop the belt.
            Your problem is this......

Your opinion is irrelevant and meaningless.

Dont feel bad, I have the exact same problem.

Because catchweights are accepted, Cotto's opinion is the only one that counts in the above example..... not yours, or mine, or Golovkins.

If you accept, therefore condone/support/enable catchweights - despite the fact that they are completely unnecessary - then you can expect human beings to take advantage of that situation..... the opportunist human being in this example will be Miguel Cotto.

You chose to exclude a catchweight in this particular situation simply because a meaningless ABC title is on the line, but Cotto doesn't give a shht about that because he weighs 153.

Comment

I agree with the bold.

But the only way it is possible for that scenario to happen would be for catchweights to be completely abolished...... which shouldn't be a problem considering the fact that they are completely unnecessary.

Cotto could fight Golovkin at 160.

It is called reaching for greatness, and many fighters have done it.

I dont blame him one bit if he chooses not to..... especially considering the fact that Golovkin is a wrecking machine, and also considering the fact that you guys gave him a way out by accepting catchweights.

You can accept catchweights, but you will never control/influence them.

They are the ants in your pantry, have fun.

Personally, I would get rid of them.

Comment

Working...
              X