Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Agree With This? (From Bert Sugar Rankings)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FenechJeff View Post
    I thought the same thing Mate. Wilde is an underatted fightyer.
    Yeah, and I find it amazing, best Flyweight ever by far............ Maybe the easiest choice in any linear Division... Except LES DARCY.

Comment

Disagree with all of them, have never understood Sugars reasoning / criteria for his ridiculous ratings.
      I take this back, I agree with McLarnin over Leonard, only skimmed over the names.

Can't agree with Wilde over Monzon at all, Monzon's resume is so much deeper.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
        Yeah, I do to,... I overlooked that one........ Yeah Wilde is for sure in my book, #1. Flyweight is better than a guy at best #6 but I have him lower than that.. I know a few MW's that were better.
        I will actually fight you to the death if you think Darcy is a greater MW then Monzon.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
          I will actually fight you to the death if you think Darcy is a greater MW then Monzon.
          I think it's about them fighting each other,...... or at least I thought we were.

Comment

But,..... let's put it this way.... If Darcy had lived till he was 30, I think he would surpass them all...... and i won't make any apologies.... this is an open forum.

Comment

I just looked at the question again...... It's Wilde V Monzon.

Comment

Originally posted by Perfect Plex View Post
                I don't want to debate his entire list. I just want to see your opinion of his ranking certain fighters over each other. Right.......

-George Foreman Over Pernell Whitaker?: Agree or Disagree?

-Jimmy McLarnin Over Sugar Ray Leonard: Agree or Disagree?

-Marcel Cerdan Over Marvin Hagler: Agree or Disagree?

-Jimmy Wilde Over Carlos Moznon: Agree or Disagree?

-Julio Cesar Chavez Over Ezzard Charles: Agree or Disagree?

I disagree with all of those except Chavez over Charles. That one for me is a close call.....

Comment

I just looked at the question again...... It's Wilde V Monzon.

Why would we put a small flyweight against a big middleweight, we're talking about achievements here not who would win in a fight.
                  Come on Sweet Pea vs Foreman ?....

But,..... let's put it this way.... If Darcy had lived till he was 30, I think he would surpass them all...... and i won't make any apologies.... this is an open forum.
                  Except he didn't live till he was 30 so he doesn't and no one knows how his career would of gone had he lived on.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                    I disagree with all of those except Chavez over Charles. That one for me is a close call.....
                    It's really not, Charles ****s on Chavez in every way.

Comment

I take this back, I agree with McLarnin over Leonard, only skimmed over the names.

Yeah I did this at first as well got the names the wrong way round and stuff.

Can't agree with Wilde over Monzon at all, Monzon's resume is so much deeper.
                      I could see it but, I don't agree with it.

Strongly disagree there my friend.

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                      It's really not, Charles ****s on Chavez in every way.
                      You tell 'em Ruben!

Comment

Working...
                      X