No announcement yet.

is direll damaged good now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by **US Power** View Post
    First off. He was barely convuldsing. Secondly. I was out longer then him, and I had no concussion. I didnt even have a headache.

Not everyone gets brain damage from a knockout.
    i never said that.
    convulsions and complaining of severe head pain are not normal, which is why the docs were concerned about bleeding on the brain. your experience was more normal considering you didnt have a headache.
    it turned out he didnt even have a mild concussion.

Comment

Acting or not, dirrell did the right thing. These fighters are professionals in their craft and would know wether the opponent was down or not. Abe is known for his little dirty tactics and was protected in germany letting him get away with it. I understand when the ref says protect yourself at all times. But when your feet splits sideways, all the fighters can do is make sure not to twist or hurt their legs somehow. Abe threw a right hook that missed because direll was already sitting on the floor. Arthur came back with a right not throwing it hard but landed that shot solidly. I think he meant to put a little pain in direll so when he gets up, it would have given him the momentum to get a KO he desperately needed to win.

Yes, there was a little bit of acting in there. During postfight interview,, he wanted to know if the microphone was working. lol

Comment

good thing he is facing ward next and in at least 6 months.....the softest puncher in the tourney and with plenty of time to recover....it will harm him if he ever has to rematch abraham though....mentally

Comment

He's damaged goods mentally. There is such a firestorm questioning whether or not he was faking that he took to his Twitter page to put the fire out. His reaction to the punch was historic. It'll go down in recent history like the Zab/Kostya knockout, Pac/Hatton, etc. How does he respond when he takes a better shot than the one he took Saturday? If he doesn't fall out and twitch like he break dancing does it take away credibility of the shot he took? What if he gets knocked out for real by a lesser shot but his reaction afterwards isn't as theatric as Saturday? So many questions....it'll haunt him for a while because he'll be looking to validate his reaction from Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
            good thing he is facing ward next and in at least 6 months.....the softest puncher in the tourney and with plenty of time to recover....it will harm him if he ever has to rematch abraham though....mentally

ward tougher firght than abraham...

Comment

no way.......

Comment

that's something we can't answer until we see dirrell fighting again. hopefully not!! i'd be so sad to see such a talented fighter like him with his future affected because of some *******. i truly hope not and that it was just a minor thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Akyra View Post
                  that's something we can't answer until we see dirrell fighting again. hopefully not!! i'd be so sad to see such a talented fighter like him with his future affected because of some *******. i truly hope not and that it was just a minor thing!

the way he looked after the dirty shot was not healthy...

man they should ban abe from boxing

Comment

Working...
                  X