No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis Vs Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Wladimir has the faster & better footwork, better jab, quicker hands and is flat-out better on the outside than any version of Lewis.

He hits harder than Lewis, Lewis has a slight chin advantage and a better inside game, better at slipping shots and a better counterpuncher.

I don't think there is a clear winner, either could put either ones lights out.

Way too many underestimate Wladimir IMO and many overrate Lewis. I think its a straight 50/50 shoot out where either guy could get their **** fcuked up early doors.

They'll draw comparisons from the Vitali vs Lewis fight which Vitali took on 10 days notice and Lewis was faded and quite out of shape. I've always felt Wladimir is by far the superior technician to his older brother and does everything better but take a shot.
    Really disagree with that, vitali is so much more fluid, can drop his hands and throw combinations, uses head movement to slip punches, is better under pressure.

I can see why people think Wlad is more skilled, because he's a greatttextbook boxer, but vitali is more like an artist in the ring, I'll take versatility and fluidity over textbook skills any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
      Really disagree with that, vitali is so much more fluid, can drop his hands and throw combinations, uses head movement to slip punches, is better under pressure.

I can see why people think Wlad is more skilled, because he's a greatttextbook boxer, but vitali is more like an artist in the ring, I'll take versatility and fluidity over textbook skills any day of the week.

I'd say he was more awkward than fluid. Always felt he was a bit clumsy & uncoordinated myself.

Wladimir is the more technical and I feel it would of been a chess match between him & Lewis where Vitali is the better fighter and takes more chances of the two brothers.

Comment

Lewis Ko's him in his prime.

Comment

50:50

Wlad's has superior speed, footwork, defense, control of distance and more one punch power (according to Emanuel).

Lennox is tougher, has inside game, throws combos better, uses body punches as well, better chin.

As somebody says it would be chess match which could go either way. It could also be TKO/KO as both guys don't have Vitali's chin. One shot can take either guy out and they are both harder punchers than the fighters that KO/TKO them.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
            50:50

Wlad's has superior speed, footwork, defense, control of distance and more one punch power (according to Emanuel).

Lennox is tougher, has inside game, throws combos better, uses body punches as well, better chin.

As somebody says it would be chess match which could go either way. It could also be TKO/KO as both guys don't have Vitali's chin. One shot can take either guy out and they are both harder punchers than the fighters that KO/TKO them.
            not really though is it.

Even the people who VOTED for Wlad, their best argument is 50/50, i don't think any one of them really belives it

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
              not really though is it.

Even the people who VOTED for Wlad, their best argument is 50/50, i don't think any one of them really belives it
              I really do. People tend to make retired fighters as some sort of perfection. It is enough to re-watch some fights and rethink about it.

Early 2000 Wlad would be KOed no doubt about that, but present Wlad is completely different story. So I would compare prime for prime here.

Although these two have some similarities (strong Manny's fingerprint) I still believe they are quite different fighters. Both of them have certain advantages over the other.

Lennox is more versatile fighter. He likes wars, he is not afraid to trade punches - although his chin is not among the greats it's better than Wlad's. He throws good combos and body punches. He is strong as ox.

Wlad on the other hand is head hunter. He is the faster fighter, with better foot work and exceptional defense (this is the main think Manny developed in Wlad). He controls the distance perfectly and it is extremely hard to catch him. His chin is his biggest weakness, but it's not as bed as people trying to make it. It's average.

Emanuel broke this match-up very nicely and he said that Lennox would fight one and only one way. He would like to come inside and stay there. If he manage to do that 90% he would win. Now the question is would he be able to do that with faster, better foot-work fighter with exceptional jab (one of the best in HW ever) who can also punch very hard (even harder than Lennox according to Manny). Although he doesn't have the speed or the head movement of prime tyson, lennox is strong as hell and maybe he just manages to do it. But his chin again is not the best one and there is always a possibility he would into Wlad's big right. From the outside I gave advantage to Wlad - I think he can outland Lennox from the outside due to superior speed and jab.

For me it's toss up... very very evenly matched fight. They are both great tactic players and that must be taken into account. It would be brain power war as well as physical battle. I have a very high opinion on Lennox and his career. I wouldn't strongly choose any fighter over Lennox except prime Ali (who would beat any fighter that ever lived). But I also have an equally high opinion on Wlad.

Now I know people would come and say Lennox would take him in 1-2 rounds, he would destroy his 'glass chin' he would end his career and so on... But I don't really care unless you give some very solid proof for that. I have watched almost every Lennox fight when he fought them, then I am rewatching them on the regular bases. I do the same with the Wlad's fights and I can tell how much did he improved and what an animal he became. It's 50:50 for me.. I am positive in one - it would be an epic fight.

Comment

Lewis by crucifixion and it's not even close.

Klit folds under intense questioning and coupled with that dodgy chin he protects dearly, Lewis finds a way through and dismantles him.

Too many Lemmings judge Klit on his run against fat and poorly skilled fighters. Lewis is too much of a leap in class for Klit to handle. His brother couldn't do it so there is absolutely no way little Klit can either.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
                  Lewis would have knocked Wlad out.
                  The first response answered the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
                    Lewis by crucifixion and it's not even close.

Klit folds under intense questioning and coupled with that dodgy chin he protects dearly, Lewis finds a way through and dismantles him.

Too many Lemmings judge Klit on his run against fat and poorly skilled fighters. Lewis is too much of a leap in class for Klit to handle. His brother couldn't do it so there is absolutely no way little Klit can either.
                    Show me Lennox's fight (any fight) that would justify this claim. Please don't come up with Golota as I can write an essay how much is he different from Wlad.

The best opponent Lennox has ever faced is Vitali. And the reason he manage to won that fight is because he came inside and "took it to the street". This is due to Emanuel brilliance (he said lennox what he needs to do after the 3rd round).
                    Before that Lennox was on the clear path to be taken out. That version of Vitali was too inexperienced to deal with that. Manny learned Lennox "tricks" how to land an uppercut when clinching. (he pulled vitali's hand down very slowly and than land that big one). It was just too much for Vitali to handle all of that as he didn't really have many fights on no where same level as that one.

Second best opponent that Lennox faced is well past prime Holyfield. Lennox was no where near in 24 rounds to take Holyfiled out and the second fight was very close.

Wlad is much better fighter, much more experienced than Vtali, gone through the same "school" than either of them.
                    I know you guys love Lennox and not that much Wlad but be real... it is not enough to say lennox find "glassy" chin...

We are boxing fans here at least give some arguments.. it's not miss contest.
                    Last edited by Simurgh; 12-20-2012, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Lewis comfortably.....

Comment

Working...
                      X