Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve Smoger!!!!!! Please

Comment

Originally posted by trfcdan86 View Post
      Who do you guys rekon we need for this to be a great fight?

Canelo with his constant pressure will eventually tire Mayweather and as long as the Ref lets the fight flow he's got a chance!
      Canelo does not have constant pressure. He backs up too.

Comment

Smoger doesn't even do Vegas fights. Should be tony weeks. Bayless is too involved

Comment

Originally posted by Hop View Post
          Pat Russell is my current favorite (and yes, I know about his error in Bradley-Provodnikov).
          Pat russell sucks

Comment

I don't really care, but we better have Steve Smoger for Matthysse/Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by PulpFriction View Post
              Pat russell sucks
              Sorry you feel so. I really like him. Active, attentive, yet not fussy. Sharp, just the right level of involvement, IMO. A help to the fight instead of a hindrance.

I'm not the Smoger fan that many are. He's not bad, but I've seen him mess up more than once. Personally my preference would be for a more fit referee, too. I do like the fact that unlike some, Smoger is less apt to jump in and stop the fight before it should be. So were he to get the fight, I'm fine.
              Last edited by Hop; 08-31-2013, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Robert Byrd or Kenny Bayless?

Comment

Kenny Bayless gets my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by trfcdan86 View Post
                    Who do you guys rekon we need for this to be a great fight?

Canelo with his constant pressure will eventually tire Mayweather and as long as the Ref lets the fight flow he's got a chance!
                    Man, where the **** do you buy your drugs at? You should give your dealer a bonus for that dumb ****. Floyd and tired doesn't even make ****ing sense when put in the same sentence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTdqV8XkYNo <---- This man doesn't get tired.

Comment

Originally posted by icebergisonfire View Post
                      Man, where the **** do you buy your drugs at? You should give your dealer a bonus for that dumb ****. Floyd and tired doesn't even make ****ing sense when put in the same sentence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTdqV8XkYNo <---- This man doesn't get tired.
                      Moreover, Canelo is hardly a pressure fighter. In fact, the big worry with him is his low work rate, as witnessed in the Trout fight that a lot of folks ringside thought was closer than judged. I personally think Canelo won, but it still stands that he's no Paul Williams, not even close.

With the catchweight and Floyd's sharp counters, I doubt Canelo can keep up any amount of pressure that will make Floyd uncomfortable. Most expected a similar game plan from Guerrero, but the simple fact is that Floyd adjusts and deters. A lot of idiots complained that Guerrero didn't stick with his game plan but few do when they're getting hit with sharp counters - not powerful counters, but still ones that make you second guess yourself.

Comment

Working...
                      X