No announcement yet.

Richard Schaefer Has Been Very Quiet Lately

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL.

If Oscar "dumps" Schaefer - which he won't - GBP will be in NO position to compete with TR. None. Expect GBP to get the ass end of the stick in any potential

these are my feelings exactly. Arum has an issue with Shaffer because Arum can't walk over him in negotiations. If anyone is paying attention, all bouts where Arum is working with another promotional outfit, Arum/ Top Rank is clearly the one in charge. Shaffer won't bow or cower down to Arum and that's been the issue all along. If Arum can manipulate the situation to ensure there is a rift between Shaffer and ODLH, he will because he knows how to impose his will on ODLH to get things to go his way

Comment

• Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
      We're waiting for an answer to this question but it's not impossible that some new promotional entity could be created with the finance to bankroll a Mayweather fight.
      Originally Posted by Rocky Rode View Post
      What promotional companies have the capital to invest in a Mayweather fight? Those things aren't cheap. Plus Floyd's $32 million guarantee is paid by the promoter...

It's my understanding that Floyds 32 mil per fight guarantee comes from Sho/CBS. Floyd hires GBP to conduct the tasks a Promoter would, i.e. obtaining sponsors, conducting/completing administrative tasks/duties, handling the financials, etc... for his fights. In a sense he's paying GBP to use their license and staff. GBP is not putting up a dime to pay Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
        My money is on things pretty much staying the Same - de la Hoya ain't gonna fire Schaefer - at least not as long as Floyd is fighting, IMO.
        I don't know man, you could be right but I see a shake up coming and some one is losing their seat at the table, I think it'll be Oscar who after its all said and done is going to be the one who has a depleted near empty stable or him joining TR side and Shaeffer, Haymon, Espinoza, Mayweather doing their thing

I could be wrong, all speculation on my part

Comment

• Anything about the Schaefer/Haymon collaboration yet? How is the lawsuit going?

Comment

Working...
          X