klit bros vs the marquez bros: better legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alot of good posts for the marquez brothers,,,,

but both have bad losses as well as wlad,,,,

you can say heavy division is weak, but dudes have been running it since 03 with vitali and wlad took over in 05....

a guy like fred norwood would have been ko'd by klits, same goes for chris john,, and klits wouldnt have been in wars with the likes of juan diaz and katsidis

not trying to say marquez bros are bums,,, they are very very good fighters, but so are the klits.....

I could see it going either way,, but some posters are acting like its marquez by a wide margin, and thats just not the case........... I like both sets of brothers but i lean towards klits just because the decade of dominance....

like i said before, marquez bros gave us great fights because they get punched in the face alot and are more exciting to watch,,, klits are like floyd in that they dominate and make it look boring

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      well please tell me who you wanted them to fight,,,, name the guy they dodged........

was it fat toney, or hugger ruiz,, or maybe marco huck....

I can understand people saying marquez bros,,, but lets not act like they blow klits out of the water,,,,, the marquez bros never ruled a division, the way klits have ruled for a decade

once again,,, please name the fighter that the klits didnt fight,,,,,, and nearly every top guy they fought was prime and undefeated.......

so please name the fights they avoided,, im waiting
      No one is claiming they ducked anyone, because they didn't. Well, Wlad hasn't anyway. Vitali has spent two years not fighting Haye for some reason.

The problem is their competition. Juan Manuel Marquez alone has a resume better than combining the Klitschkos, which Klitschko fans love to do. That's very weird by the way. Can I do that with Ward and Froch, and just claim the fighters they've beat at super middleweight count for both of them? Andrarl Warch is the best super middleweight ever by a huge margin.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
        This is why people have no respect for Klitlickers.

So those injuries had nothing to do with his opposition??
        the byrd fight had nothing to do with byrd, lewis did stop vitali on cuts,, lewis beat him fair and square,,, i have no qualms about that,,, vitali kinda just pussed out on in the byrd fight,,, byrd did nothing to him

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          No one is claiming they ducked anyone, because they didn't. Well, Wlad hasn't anyway. Vitali has spent two years not fighting Haye for some reason.

The problem is their competition. Juan Manuel Marquez alone has a resume better than combining the Klitschkos, which Klitschko fans love to do. That's very weird by the way. Can I do that with Ward and Froch, and just claim the fighters they've beat at super middleweight count for both of them? Andrarl Warch is the best super middleweight ever by a huge margin.
          are froch and ward brothers????????
          Ward and froch are the best 2 168ers and have fought and ward won,, wlad and vitali are the best 2 heavys but since they brothers, they dont fight.. sucks but thats the way it is..
          Does anyone really wanna see wlad vs arreola or adamek after vitali beat them down,,,,, once one brother beat a guy, it is very hard to sell a fight with the other brother...

I do agree that vitali has been slow to sign with haye,,,,,,

Comment

are froch and ward brothers????????
            Ward and froch are the best 2 168ers and have fought and ward won,, wlad and vitali are the best 2 heavys but since they brothers, they dont fight.. sucks but thats the way it is..
            Does anyone really wanna see wlad vs arreola or adamek after vitali beat them down,,,,, once one brother beat a guy, it is very hard to sell a fight with the other brother...

I do agree that vitali has been slow to sign with haye,,,,,,
            They both fought Sam Peter. That's not the issue, anyway. The issue is why both guys get credit for beating fighters they never fought just because the other brother did. I'm wondering why I can't do that with other fighters in other divisions. Can I do it with the Marquez's since they are brothers?

"Juan Manuel Marquez has three classic fights with Israel Vazquez. Rafael Marquez has four classics with Manny Pacquiao. The other brother fought them, so it counts for both."

Comment

How many FOTY's have the Klits been in again?

Although I do think Wlad's career is great, 2nd longest reign with 3rd most HW title defenses. Just great, Americans don't appreciate him correctly.

Yet, Marquez' career > Klitschkos imo.. especially if Marquez gets through Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                They both fought Sam Peter. That's not the issue, anyway. The issue is why both guys get credit for beating fighters they never fought just because the other brother did. I'm wondering why I can't do that with other fighters in other divisions. Can I do it with the Marquez's since they are brothers?

"Juan Manuel Marquez has three classic fights with Israel Vazquez. Rafael Marquez has four classics with Manny Pacquiao. The other brother fought them, so it counts for both."
                because wlad and vitali have the exact same style.....

froch and ward fight differently and could beat the same guys in different ways...

vitali beat peter, just like wlad did,, and he would probably beat haye exactly like how wlad did...

wlad is more athletic, but vitali has much better chin,, thats the only difference between them... any other fighters like ward and froch have different styles,, and styles make fights, but the klits are the exact same damn near

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                  How many FOTY's have the Klits been in again?

Although I do think Wlad's career is great, 2nd longest reign with 3rd most HW title defenses. Just great, Americans don't appreciate him correctly.

Yet, Marquez' career > Klitschkos imo.. especially if Marquez gets through Bradley.
                  FOTY doesnt mean anything,,,, if your using that, then your wrong,,,
                  how many does gatti have compared to floyd and hopkins,,,,, enough said

Comment

JMM has a better legacy than both Klitschkos put together. His list of wins shames their combined ones. Especially if you scored a few of the first three Pac fights in his favour.

To be fair to Wlad though, Vitali hasnt had much of a legacy at all in comparison to the likes of Marquez. Rafa doesnt need to come into the question.

Marquez proved he can hang with ATGs. Wlad gives a good case. Rafa is not quite there. Vitali had his chance and blew it. Thats the order they should be ranked in as well.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

because wlad and vitali have the exact same style.....

froch and ward fight differently and could beat the same guys in different ways...

vitali beat peter, just like wlad did,, and he would probably beat haye exactly like how wlad did...

wlad is more athletic, but vitali has much better chin,, thats the only difference between them... any other fighters like ward and froch have different styles,, and styles make fights, but the klits are the exact same damn near

There you have it. Vitali beat Haye and Chris Byrd and everyone else his brother beat because he and his brother fight exactly the same. Them not fighting the same doesn't matter, it counts!

Comment

Working...
                      X