No announcement yet.

Larry Merchants Comments on Sat Night re: May vs. Pac

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR.CHICANITO View Post
    floyd needs to just shut up and fight manny pacquaio no matter how good these boxers are today who does he think he is ? enough with the allegations of manny possibly using Ped's already!!! floyd mayweather is a awesome boxer and the same for the pacman but since when does the athlete or boxer change the rules for any sport ? its time to put up or shut up for floyd mayweather..win..lose..or draw who cares just fight!!!
    "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      He is faster almost everyone agrees.His ko % has increased. He is throwing more punches. That should be a concern. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, I'm just getting feedback.

Lets go with what you said real quick. why does the request have to stop the fight? How in the hell does floyd know that a request for drug testing cancels the fight unless Manny or his camp tells him. Can we agree on that?

Your logic implies that floyd knows this is the one thing that would anger Manny and only brought it up to duck him. Does that really make sense to you?
      His skills have improved thats all, he is more fluid and accurate. This can create the illusion of more speed and who is to say exactly how powerful he was, hitting bigger slower guys with ease and with more frequency can create a greater chance for a ko too.

Like I said I don't know what Floyd knew or was thinking, this is fact, there was no problem, Floyd creates one for whatever reason, now we have no fight, thus Floyd is at fault and I can only guess why he would kill the fight.

I think personally he saw the beating Cotto got and second guessed his ability.

Comment

I respectfully disagree about his speed and power.

Volume punching. Fairpoint. How has he been able to increase his workrate while getting heavier? He wasn't throwing this volume at lighter weights
        pac always has this kinda of work rate....but his right hand is more developed now, thus explains the more punhes he throws......

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          His skills have improved thats all, he is more fluid and accurate. This can create the illusion of more speed and who is to say exactly how powerful he was, hitting bigger slower guys with ease and with more frequency can create a greater chance for a ko too.

Like I said I don't know what Floyd knew or was thinking, this is fact, there was no problem, Floyd creates one for whatever reason, now we have no fight, thus Floyd is at fault and I can only guess why he would kill the fight.

I think personally he saw the beating Cotto got and second guessed his ability.
          I think personally he saw the beating Cotto got and second guessed his ability. Lets say you are correct. How does floyd asking for PED's cancel the fight unless he knows ahead of time? If he knew this, the only way he would is if manny or his representative specifically says we will not take OST. Can we at least agree on this?

Look, I'm trying to analyze the logic here. Floyd has a right to ask for anything just like Manny did.Its like you are implying How dare floyd ask a great man like Manny to take tests? I'm just trying to get a straight answer to the following question:

Your logic implies that floyd knows this is the one thing that would anger Manny and only brought it up to duck him. Does that really make sense to you?

Comment

I think personally he saw the beating Cotto got and second guessed his ability. Lets say you are correct. How does floyd asking for PED's cancel the fight unless he knows ahead of time? If he knew this, the only way he would is if manny or his representative specifically says we will not take OST. Can we at least agree on this?

Look, I'm trying to analyze the logic here. Floyd has a right to ask for anything just like Manny did.Its like you are implying How dare floyd ask a great man like Manny to take tests? I'm just trying to get a straight answer to the following question:

I or no one knows what Floyd is and was thinking so there is no logic to analyze. I think he may have tried different things to get out of it and this was just one and if Manny accepted he may have found something else but thats just speculation.

All we have to analyze is a fight that was ready and for some unexplained reason Floyd NOT PAC created a needless problem and now there is no fight. Sure he can ask but Manny can refuse so we move on and get it done.

Sure he couldn't have known exactly what Pac's initial reaction was but he has now for months been made aware and its a no go, "special Floyd rules" as far as Manny is concerned is not happening so by not dropping the demands its a duck in my view.

Comment

I or no one knows what Floyd is and was thinking so there is no logic to analyze. I think he may have tried different things to get out of it and this was just one and if Manny accepted he may have found something else but thats just speculation.

All we have to analyze is a fight that was ready and for some unexplained reason Floyd NOT PAC created a needless problem and now there is no fight. Sure he can ask but Manny can refuse so we move on and get it done.

Sure he couldn't have known exactly what Pac's initial reaction was but he has now for months been made aware and its a no go, "special Floyd rules" as far as Manny is concerned is not happening so by not dropping the demands its a duck in my view.
              So floyd just guessed right. Cmon man please.

But this where you are WRONG! The inital request wasn't the problem. The timing of when it would cease was. Manny, by everyone's admission agreed to testing then backed off when he found out there was no cutoff. Thats not opinion thats fact.

So now that he knows Pac wont accept OST he should drop the demands? So if floyd says he wont agree to the 10 mil and glove size then its Manny's fault and he should drop those requests?

Wow!

Comment

So floyd just guessed right. Cmon man please.

But this where you are WRONG! The inital request wasn't the problem. The timing of when it would cease was. Manny, by everyone's admission agreed to testing then backed off when he found out there was no cutoff. Thats not opinion thats fact.

So now that he knows Pac wont accept OST he should drop the demands? So if floyd says he wont agree to the 10 mil and glove size then its Manny's fault and he should drop those requests?

Wow!
                There is so much we don't really know about what went on behind the scenes that we can't really say what who knew about what whoever would do.

Fact there was no problem until Floyd created it, therefore he is at fault.

If you don't agree then we are just going to have to agree to disagree.

Comment

I think its spot on, sounds like a duck to me if he had no solid basis to ask this guy specifically for extra test as opposed other fighters before none of which were given a great chance of beating Floyd unlike Pac......seems like a bit more than a coincidence.

Maybe he didn't think the other fighters were cheating. And plenty of Mayweather opponents had a chance to beat him. Including Mosley. It's that simple.

Comment

What were the general feelings about his comment,"floyd is only asking for tests because he doesn't want the fight or he is building an alibi in case he loses." He said if floyd had any evidence to take it to the commission or else drop the request.
                    This old bastard will need some more vodka, cause Floyd ain't gonna lose. I'm sure Larry is in a deep depression since he saw his roided hero getting schooled by Floyd.

"peeleft:
                    Last edited by Junito-Rulez; 05-10-2010, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X