Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kenny Porter: We'll fight Spence in the future. When he becomes more of a name

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spence is stuck at that spot in his career where he is a lot of risk but not much of a reward.

He just needs to stay active and dominating, and he will break thru with a big fight.

Right now I think spence vs someone like Guerrero, peterson, Berto or Devon would be a solid test and would really raise spence's profile

Comment

I think he beats porter pretty easily. Spence is a terrible style match up for porter. The type of fighter that might give Spence trouble at 147 is a big puncher or a slick fighter who can frustrate and outbox Spence take him deep and steal a decision. He has been carefully matched and hasn't faced anyone who has power so we dont know about his chin but porter definitely doesnt have pop. Dude has like 2 knockouts in his last 10 fights. Yeah he mauls guys and pressures them but he ain't a big puncher other then Paulie who has he knocked out? And he ain't slick he will come right at spence into his power and get lit up.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        I think he beats porter pretty easily. Spence is a terrible style match up for porter. The type of fighter that might give Spence trouble at 147 is a big puncher or a slick fighter who can frustrate and outbox Spence take him deep and steal a decision. He has been carefully matched and hasn't faced anyone who has power so we dont know about his chin but porter definitely doesnt have pop. Dude has like 2 knockouts in his last 10 fights. Yeah he mauls guys and pressures them but he ain't a big puncher other then Paulie who has he knocked out? And he ain't slick he will come right at spence into his power and get lit up.
        Who do you think has power at 147? I used to think it was Thurman but that KO power has disappeared

Comment

Porter has been in the tough fights and if you think that Spence just walks through him you're buggin. Maybe one more name fighter and a true ww and maybe some guys will take interest. Who does Spence have on his resume Algeri and Bundu?

Comment

Spence is probably a bigger name and certainly a better fighter than Porter right now. Porter doesn't want to fight Spence any more than Thurman wants to fight Spence. Spence is looking scary good right now. These welterweight champs would rather fight somebody easier to beat and keep their titles than risk losing their belt to Spence. Spence is becoming the GGG of the welterweights.

Comment

It's true that Spence has never defeated anybody better than Algeri and Bundu and they aren't that good. It's also true that Spence beat Algeri more impressively than Pacquiao did and he beat Bundu more impressively than Thurman did. Bundu said something like Spence was more accurate and precise with his punches and was better than Thurman.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                Spence is stuck at that spot in his career where he is a lot of risk but not much of a reward.

He just needs to stay active and dominating, and he will break thru with a big fight.

Right now I think spence vs someone like Guerrero, peterson, Berto or Devon would be a solid test and would really raise spence's profile
                Peterson saying no is why Bundu got the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
                  Peterson saying no is why Bundu got the fight.
                  True, but I'm pretty sure they can fight for brook's vacant title. Peterson or jeff horn has been the rumor for awhile for spence.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                    this right here is why UFC is killing boxing
                    UFC ain't killing shi.t.

If you think so, go there and post.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
                      Porter has been in the tough fights and if you think that Spence just walks through him you're buggin. Maybe one more name fighter and a true ww and maybe some guys will take interest. Who does Spence have on his resume Algeri and Bundu?
                      So what?

Being in tough fights doesn't magically imbue him with the skills to beat Spence..Thurman..or even something like Kel Brook.

Soto-Karras has been in tough fights,I guess he beats Spence too.

Margarito better hurry up and whip Spence since he's been in plenty tough fights.

Sarcasm aside,

Spence would destroy Porter and he and his handlers know it.

Comment

Working...
                      X