Collapse
No announcement yet.

A cleric in his 60s in Afghanistan married a 6 year old girl

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No worse than catholic priest molesting prepubescent boys and girls.

Comment

It's just another day in Middle East.. Why isn't this treated as rape and be given the same punishment as rape.. Smdh..
      Punish the girls father as well..

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        That's par for the course in the catholic church. They love a young alter boy.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
          It's just another day in Middle East.. Why isn't this treated as rape and be given the same punishment as rape.. Smdh..
          Punish the girls father as well..

the guy was arrested for kidnapping. from what i've read the girl wasn't raped. there's question about whether or not she was "given" to the guy by her parents. the parents claim that she was not. dude claims they were at the wedding.

dude has been arrested. i don't know who has the girl, but i'd hope the state would intervene if it's established that her parents gave her away.

i have no idea how they move things forward in terms of sentences, but he's in jail. it's technically illegal for girls under 16 to marry in afghanistan, but it's impossible to enforce in rural parts of the country. that place is huge, mountainous, dirt poor and undeveloped, etc. from what i'm reading child marriages in rural villiages are pretty common. half of all girls are married by age 19. from what i'm reading it's the poorest country in asia. as education and industrialization goes down, so does the quality of life for women.

Comment

Only 1 in 40 priests are pedophiles.

Most are good men who serve God.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              Only 1 in 40 priests are pedophiles.

Most are good men who serve God.
              Do you have any evidence for this number other than guessing? Either way, one out of 40 is too many.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                the guy was arrested for kidnapping. from what i've read the girl wasn't raped. there's question about whether or not she was "given" to the guy by her parents. the parents claim that she was not. dude claims they were at the wedding.

dude has been arrested. i don't know who has the girl, but i'd hope the state would intervene if it's established that her parents gave her away.

i have no idea how they move things forward in terms of sentences, but he's in jail. it's technically illegal for girls under 16 to marry in afghanistan, but it's impossible to enforce in rural parts of the country. that place is huge, mountainous, dirt poor and undeveloped, etc. from what i'm reading child marriages in rural villiages are pretty common. half of all girls are married by age 19. from what i'm reading it's the poorest country in asia. as education and industrialization goes down, so does the quality of life for women.
                Yeah the parents have got to be penalized too if they knew of this.. I have seen and read of instances where the parents receive money from a wealthy elderly person to marry their daughter, it's called a dowry.. Sometimes they are bonded labors who to escape the bond agree to have their daughters marry the landlords.. Parts of Afghanistan are so remote and isolated that they scrounge for a living.. You may be right, it might be the poorest country in Asia followed by Vietnam..
                Last edited by BoxingFan85; 08-22-2016, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Do you have any evidence for this number other than guessing? Either way, one out of 40 is too many.
                  Yes I do.

If you were more intelligent, you could find the evidence on the internet using google.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                    That's par for the course in the catholic church. They love a young alter boy.
                    no catholic can claim the bible tells them to rape young boys, where the Koran tells of Mohammed's bride, 9 year old Aisha, when he was around 50 years old, and poundin' that tight pussay. even back then you had to get them young to make sure you got a virgin, maybe things haven't changed all that much after all

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                      Yes I do.

If you were more intelligent, you could find the evidence on the internet using google.
                      Actually if you were more intelligent and less bigoted you would know that it's impossible to list who is a "good person " and who is a pedophile through statistics.

That's the main reason why you won't post any links to support your lame generalizations.

Comment

Working...
                      X