No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire vs. Rigondeaux Close To Done For April 13

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mistermartin View Post
    uhh...actually he doesn't punch like a newborn. He is small & came up in wt to fight nonito. He did expose Donaire impatience & ability to get wild or out of control. For wut reason should we have seen nonito swinging wildly at air & get himself tangled up in the ropes....that **** was stupid. Also...donaire has no inside game...he had like a 5 or 6 inch height adv. & complained that the guy would throw shots....no he threw when he wanted to. Nonito shoulda been able to push him back & bully him & make him fight....I mean if he is as "great" as he's being made out to be. Nonito's face at the end proved narvaez could punch. He was like 37 yrs old & undefeated. Nonito didn't even make him breathe hard. or open his mouth...he kept looking back at him like "that's it..that''s all u got??" That was def an embarrassing fight IMO....But I'm not sold on donaire as a complete fighter anyway...he's very good. But I see holes.
    The holes you see are from fighters that dont fight and run. Bringing up a fight were the other guy didnt even put up a fight is meaningless. Like the other poster said, you Mathebula exposed a few holes but Narvaez? Exposed his impatience and ability to get wild? Yea because the guy wouldnt fight.

Comment

Thats whats up.

I preferred Donaire-Rigondeaux over Donaire-Mares anyway.

Comment

Nonito-Rigo is good enough for now
        really wish they woulda worked out the Nonito-Mares deal instead
        hopefully it still happens, if not now, later on or at 126 later
        Rigo just doesn't invoke any excitement, skilled but dull
        Nonito will take a few rds to get into a rhythm in this
        but once he does he'll spark Rigo's overrated ass
        then people will wait for Rigo to do something before hyping him again

Comment

This is not a bad fight. I don't think Rigo is as good or as deserving of a challenge as Mares, but you can't blame Donaire here.

Until Bob Arum dies a TR/GB super fight is very unlikely. Just the way it is.

Comment

Lets hope this fight gets done, and not the lop-sided mismatch with Mares.

Rigondeaux will be the toughest opponent Donaire has ever faced, and likewise for Rigo. However Rigo is the only fighter at 122 that could beat Donaire.

If this fight goes through Donaire will be considered a man. Cause only men fight Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
              You need to learn something about "Technical Flaws" because it is not a technical flaw if the other fighter does not want to engage unless the one who wins, barely wins, rather than dominates like Donaire did. Thats called a bad style matchup and every fighter has faced that. Donaire landed more punches and won by a landslide, despite that the fact ALL Narvaez wanted to do was last, which he admitted. Come up with something not so lame.
              I would call and inability to cut the ring off a "technical flaw".....lame ass.

Comment

i aint never seen rigo fight but if he truly has a glass chin its gona get cracked come april 13

Comment

i prefer donaire vs mares because that would have been a great action fight.

Donaire Rigo = Rich Man's version of Donaire Nishioka.

Oh well, one nsb created hype job at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    The holes you see are from fighters that dont fight and run. Bringing up a fight were the other guy didnt even put up a fight is meaningless. Like the other poster said, you Mathebula exposed a few holes but Narvaez? Exposed his impatience and ability to get wild? Yea because the guy wouldnt fight.
                    Boxing is a sport, not some gladiator bull****.

Comment

I don't think it'll be a great fight but you really can't criticise it when two top guys get in the ring together. I'll be watching.

Comment

Working...
                      X