No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury-Kevin Johnson Now Set as WBC Eliminator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury-Kevin Johnson Now Set as WBC Eliminator

London - TOP promoter Mick Hennessy says Tyson Fury will turn the World heavyweight division upside down in 2013 when he becomes the heavyweight champion of the world. The fight will be showcased on WealthTV and wealthtv.com.

According to the Hennessy Sports boss unbeaten Fury will confirm his status as the best heavyweight contender in the world this Saturday night at Belfast’s Odyssey Arena after he conquers tough American Kevin Johnson when they battle in an official WBC heavyweight World title eliminator.

Former World title challenger Johnson has predicted that he will end Fury’s world title hopes but Hennessy insists that Fury will take another major step towards a showdown with either Vitali or Wladimir Klitschko on Saturday night, particularly after the WBC have confirmed the fight to be an official World heavyweight title eliminator for the belt held by Vitali.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Final eliminator?

I have to admit, I'm incredibly surprised. You kind of had to expect the Arreola-Stiverne winner to get either the shot at the title or the belt if Vitali retires.

Comment

I will say this about Fury, he is game.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        London - TOP promoter Mick Hennessy says Tyson Fury will turn the World heavyweight division upside down in 2013 when he becomes the heavyweight champion of the world. The fight will be showcased on WealthTV and wealthtv.com.

According to the Hennessy Sports boss unbeaten Fury will confirm his status as the best heavyweight contender in the world this Saturday night at Belfast’s Odyssey Arena after he conquers tough American Kevin Johnson when they battle in an official WBC heavyweight World title eliminator.

Former World title challenger Johnson has predicted that he will end Fury’s world title hopes but Hennessy insists that Fury will take another major step towards a showdown with either Vitali or Wladimir Klitschko on Saturday night, particularly after the WBC have confirmed the fight to be an official World heavyweight title eliminator for the belt held by Vitali.
        [Click Here To Read More]
        Mick Hennessy you fat lump of lard how is tyson fury the best heavyweight in britain WHEN HE DUCKED DAVID PRICE!!!

he beat chisora but haye ****ed chisora up!!!!

the only reason why price is fight bums is because you wont ****ing fight him why did tyson fury give up his belt!!!! hahaha you ****ing fat twat!!! your a joke

david haye
        david price
        tyson fury
        chisora

are the top 4 heavys in that order

i really hope tyson beats johnson but am pretty sure he will struggle to do that price would beat him inside six FACT

Comment

hope its a good fight ive got tickets to this, wasnt gonna bother but ive nothing else planned so may as well head to it.

Im expecting a bit of a stinker tbh

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            Final eliminator?

I have to admit, I'm incredibly surprised. You kind of had to expect the Arreola-Stiverne winner to get either the shot at the title or the belt if Vitali retires.
            I believe the Arreola-Stiverne winner is a semi-final eliminator. Some sites say the winner of that fight will take on the winner of the Adamek-Cunningham fight, which would be the final eliminator. Others say the winner of Arreola-Stiverne fight will take on Pulev for that position instead. I think it is to become Wladimir's mandatory not Vitali's, but I'm not sure.

Comment

Why not? Johnson can take his 2nd turn on the Klitschko carrousel like others, or it can be the young, up and comer getting his first shot.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbigshot View Post
                Mick Hennessy you fat lump of lard how is tyson fury the best heavyweight in britain WHEN HE DUCKED DAVID PRICE!!!

he beat chisora but haye ****ed chisora up!!!!

the only reason why price is fight bums is because you wont ****ing fight him why did tyson fury give up his belt!!!! hahaha you ****ing fat twat!!! your a joke

david haye
                david price
                tyson fury
                chisora

are the top 4 heavys in that order

i really hope tyson beats johnson but am pretty sure he will struggle to do that price would beat him inside six FACT
                Yes, Fury ducked Price. Doesn't conclusively prove that Price is better. Only proves that Fury ducked him. I'm sure that a part of the ducking is a risk/reward calculation; it only makes sense to do it for a title. And if Price could KO Johnson inside 6, why the hell isn't he fighting him? It's not as though Johnson won't accept a payday, he did Prizefighter...

And paulf, I think it's just an "eliminator", not a final eliminator. They obviously want a mandatory ready and waiting.

Comment

25-06-2011 : Stiverne Austin = HW title eliminator
                  17-11-2012 : Banks Mitchell = semifinal eliminator
                  1-12-2012 : Fury Johnson = eliminator
                  26-01-2013 : Arreola Stiverne = semifinal eliminator

Is the WBC making a tournament? I guess there 'll be enought silver or diamont belts to console the losers...

Comment

I think Tyson v Johnson is a great fight. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Working...
                    X