The Greatest Empire of all Time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Greatest Empire of all Time?

Well, what would you say it was?
    (PS If you believe it is The Ottoman Empire then just vote for The Persian Empire)
    The Roman Empire
    31.76%
    The British Empire
    35.29%
    The Russian Empire
    0.00%
    The Holy Roman Empire
    3.53%
    The American Empire (Ammeerrriccaa!)
    16.47%
    The Persian Empire (Including Assyrian and Babylonian)
    1.18%
    The Chinese Empire
    0.00%
    The Aztec Empire
    5.88%
    The Galactic Empire
    2.35%
    The Egyptian Empire
    3.53%
    Last edited by Enayze; 12-05-2011, 02:01 AM.

good question

holy roman empire? bahh surely there's ones from the middle east and asia that were better

i'll check back to read this thread later

Comment

The Mongols.

I guess with them its the 'what if' factor... They whooped, destroyed everything that came in their path and simply put vanished changing the future. Definitely the most feared I would say.

Comment

The roman and mongul empire are jokes. They lasted how long like a couple centuries? They are completely non-existant now.

There are some empires that have lasted millenniums and are still going to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by - v e t - View Post
          good question

holy roman empire? bahh surely there's ones from the middle east and asia that were better

i'll check back to read this thread later
          The Persian Empire is the pick from Mid East, and I included its vast entirety of reigns from Assyrians to Babylonians. The Holy Roman Empire however ruled Europe for several hundred years, well Western Europe.

Comment

The British Empire, because they were the only Empire to speak English. Which is the natural language for human beings.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
              The roman and mongul empire are jokes. They lasted how long like a couple centuries? They are completely non-existant now.

There are some empires that have lasted millenniums and are still going to this day.
              What would you qualify as a great Empire than the Roman Empire?

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
                The Persian Empire is the pick from Mid East, and I included its vast entirety of reigns from Assyrians to Babylonians. The Holy Roman Empire however ruled Europe for several hundred years, well Western Europe.
                yeah, i posted before the poll..

i was a huge fan of history of western civ when i was in high school... there was lots of eastern civ history included

Comment

i cant include the Aztec empire because the americas are looked at in history as too primitive or too long to be developed to relevance...

Comment

Mongolian....with the Roman's coming a close 2nd.

*edit, Romans at the #1 spot, with Mongols at 2.

Comment

Working...
                    X