• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mills Lane

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Mills Lane
      You're sick, Mills Lane is partially paralyzed and has a very difficult time speaking due to a stroke.

Comment

Originally posted by Monte Fisto View Post
        Okay, is there any other advice besides returning the favor via dirty tactic(s). Seriously Rockin', what if you had a fighter like PAC, who simply refuses to play dirty eventhough his opponent is continuosly fighting dirty, what would be your alternative strategy when it comes to dealing with the way Wifebeater uses his elbows, how would you negate it ?

Shoulder bumps are part of the game, but it's simply illegal.

Now, when you say you'd warn a fighter but based on the severity of the foul being committed. Does that mean that if Wifebeater continuosly used his elbow, but, not really striking hard with it, would you just keep dishing out warning after warning or would you actually have the b*lls to take points away.
        I would have no problem taking points from Floyd if he continualy used his elbows.

But the elbows can be used as an offensive tool as well as a defensive tool. Look how Joe Frazier always had his elbows high in his defense. If a guy runs his face into them it is not a foul. If Frazier was to throw an elbow strike then that would constitute a foul.

I used to use the shoulder rolls like Toney did. My thing was catch a hook then roll the right hand with my glove on my waist and my elbow held up with my arm at a 45' angle. Guys ran their faces into the elbow, not my fault. Aswell the fighter might punch my elbow and injure his hands.

I can't really think of a defense against elbows except to keep your gaurd high and return your hands to gaurd immediately following a punchand stay on the outside.

The way that I was trained is if a guy digs you in the nutz then immediately dig him back in his nutz, tit for tat. Same thing with an elbow, if he gives you one then give it right back. If the ref doesn't call his foul then chances are that he won't call your. But if he does call my elbow then I would tell him to look for his cause I've been eating them.

But if Floyd was illegaly using his elbows I would have no problem taking points, thats my job in there........Rockin'
        Last edited by Rockin'; 09-25-2011, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Apart from the Mosley fight, I've never had a problem with Bayless, he's a fantastic ref, definitaly choose him over Cortez and Drakulich who both previously been involved in Controversial fights.

I was thinking about Steve Smoger, he's a good ref who lets you fight on the inside. But out of this list, Bayless no doubt.

Comment

Either Smoger or Bayless but it would be the **** if Tyson would ref that fight.

Just imagine Tyson being the ref in that fight!

Comment

Like the rest, I prefer Kenny Bayless.

Comment

i want larry in there!

given the choices, i'd go kenny bayless.

Comment

Working...
                X