Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you rank Wladimir Klitschko among the great heavyweights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• top 15 ATG

Comment

• Ali
      Frazier
      Foreman
      Langford
      J.Johnson
      Tyson
      Marciano
      Holmes
      Lewis
      Liston
      Louis
      Holyfield

I rate these fighters higher than Wlad, you could maybe add fighters such as Dempsey to the list.

Wladimir's consistency in his reign deserves notable credit, but it is made lackluster by the opponents he has faced where he isn't at fault.

He has many wins over "good fighters", however he has yet to beat an ATG HW.

IMO he is Top 20, 13 at best. Haye, Chagaev, Byrd, Peter and these other "Top 10" fighters he has faced in the worst era of HW history doesn't make you Top 10. However, I do commend him for reaching such a high rank in the first place despite the abysmal caliber of fighters in this era.

I believe some of you who list him as Top 10 need to look into the old history of HW's. The majority of these Klitschko fans have probably never watched clips of great fighters such as Langford, Johnson, Dempsey let alone know anything about them.

Just to note, the anyone who said he is Top 5 should give themselves an uppercut for such delusional stupidity.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by TaurusJ27 View Post
        I put him between the top 6-10 due to how long he's held the title.

all the top thirty HWs could reign longer than Wlad if they fought his calibre of opponents.

Hell, I could guarantee reigning as long if I picked **** opponents well below my ability. But the premise fo being a HW champ is that you pick prime opponents, not get beaten by MWs or 37 year old almost retired fatties and then run away from a rematch in terror.
        Last edited by DreamFighter; 02-09-2013, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingchef View Post
          NO WAY the brothers fight each other. First off, Mama Klitschko would kick both of their asses if they tried, and second, they are extremely close. They talk everyday, no way they fight.... they are blood, more important than any fight for any $$$ amount
          Both bro's are definitely top 15 ATG. And they created LEGEND together. From Germany cheers!

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryX.. View Post
            lmfao,what????
            Are you still gonna fight that guy you were beefing with on the internet? i would like to attend the match in america in case, is it in LA? I will be in cali in july on holiday.

Comment

• There certainly is a wide range of votes in the poll.

Some rate him as #1, some rank him below the top 200.

Comment

• Adolf Hitler knew who Joe Louis was.

President Kennedy told Patterson to stop ducking Liston.

Do you think any important world leaders know who Wlad is or can even tell him apart from his older brother? For an active Champion he is pretty invisible on the world stage.

Last edited by Joeyzagz; 02-10-2013, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• ANYONE who posted top 26 or lower... especially under 50 or under 100-200

name me
                  Top 26-Top 50 who are better
                  anyone under that.. name me Top 50-Top 200 who are better

Comment

• ANYONE who posted top 26 or lower... especially under 50 or under 100-200

name me
                    Top 26-Top 50 who are better
                    anyone under that.. name me Top 50-Top 200 who are better

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy Ho View Post
                      not having a proper rival will hurt his standing, as good a fighter as he is and as dominant as he's been.
                      he had rivals. lamon brewster and tony thompson. lol!

Comment

Working...
                      X