Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you think of the hbo movie on tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you think of the hbo movie on tyson?

I have seen it numerous times and caught half of it just know it sure paints mr king and robin givins in a bad light. Anyone else see it. What did ya think?

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
    I have seen it numerous times and caught half of it just know it sure paints mr king and robin givins in a bad light. Anyone else see it. What did ya think?
    IMO it painted them in the light they deserved. I thought the made for HBO movie was good. I think it was the movie that made Michael Jai White a noticeable star. After that movie he would be in all kinds of roles. George C. Scott played a pretty good Cus. Fight scenes were good too.

Comment

I thought is was better than average for a made for TV movie. Very good cast too. It did seem like it was put together a bit hastily though.

Comment

I liked it and from stories I've seen on TV and read about Tyson, it seems pretty accurate. Liked White's acting in the role as well.

Comment

I thought it was excellent. I enjoyed the Don King HBO movie too.....

Comment

Oh yeah, Ving Rhames, an even better Don King actor. I heard Don King killed two people, is that true? And wasn't that based on a book by Jack Newfield?
            Last edited by Anthony342; 01-26-2013, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
              Oh yeah, Ving Rhames, an even better Don King actor. I heard Don King killed two people, is that true? And wasn't that based on a book by Jack Newfeld?
              It is a fact that Don King killed (at least) two people. One of them was ruled self defense, but the other one was a small man being beaten to death over a small debt.

And I highly recommend Newfield's book.

Comment

Did King ever do time for the other murder or was he acquitted or never caught?

Comment

I believe he did time for manslaughter .

Comment

Working...
                  X