No announcement yet.

New: Mayweather seeks House Arrest: Link inside

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post

You're in jail, pretty much suck it up. It could be a lot worse for him. He's just experiencing not being able to get his way. There's no reason he deserves special treatment. Seems more likely his team are just trying to get him out of jail more than him being treated "unfairly". They don't want him in population, but that doesn't mean he's gonna be getting this type of treatment either

And no reason he deserves unfair treatment. 3 Months of 23 hours a day of solitary confinement is not what misdemeanor offenders who are on good behavior get. Thats the problem here, and they are going have to address it.

[Keep in mind I think this is a ploy, but its a legit complaint that can be made]

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
        Twelve days into his three-month jail sentence on a domestic battery count, undefeated champion boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. is asking to go home.

Or he contends he may never fight again.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/mayweather-...158523405.html
        I don't mean to turn this into a Floyd/Manny debate, but...

How can the judge have any sympathy for a boxer who has been avoiding a fight the whole world wants to see?

I remember Floyd Sr years ago saying to the effect that the judge was unusually nice to his son because of the overwhelming popularity of the potential Pacquiao fight. Floyd Jr was granted bail with a paltry sum of $3000 and the sentencing was surprisingly light. And I also remember Floyd Sr after that trying to reassure fans that the Pac fight will happen, and in a non-confrontational mode.

Comment

• I don't think the jail is even allowed to put Floyd in general population. According to the film "Undisputed" with Ving Rhames and Wesley Snipes, if a celebrity were to be harmed while serving a sentence, that would bring a lot of negative press and heat towards the facility.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeMan View Post

How can the judge have any sympathy for a boxer who has been avoiding a fight the whole world wants to see?

I remember Floyd Sr years ago saying to the effect that the judge was unusually nice to his son because of the overwhelming popularity of the potential Pacquiao fight. Floyd Jr was granted bail with a paltry sum of $3000 and the sentencing was surprisingly light. And I also remember Floyd Sr after that trying to reassure fans that the Pac fight will happen, and in a non-confrontational mode.
            So...is Floyd ducking Manny or did Arum rob Manny?..you can't have both. If Arum is capable of robbing Manny he would be just as capable of robbing Floyd and that means Floyd has never ducked any Top Rank fighters, only ducked Arum's influence in boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeMan View Post

Means **** all whether she thinks he's ducking or not. The judge is a blonde bimbo who doesn't even watch boxing. She admitted she wasn't even aware of Floyd having a fight scheduled May 5th before she pushed his jail date back

Comment

• Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                Means **** all whether she thinks he's ducking or not. The judge is a blonde bimbo who doesn't even watch boxing. She admitted she wasn't even aware of Floyd having a fight scheduled May 5th before she pushed his jail date back
                That's how Floyd Sr saw it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DE100 View Post
                  And no reason he deserves unfair treatment. 3 Months of 23 hours a day of solitary confinement is not what misdemeanor offenders who are on good behavior get. Thats the problem here, and they are going have to address it.

[Keep in mind I think this is a ploy, but its a legit complaint that can be made]
                  People get much worse than him. They're not throwing him into population, and it's not as if county jail has hotel like cells for inmates who make over $350,000 a year. That was the the term of his sentence before he stepped foot in jail. He's simply experiencing it for the 1st time and not liking it. He's not randomly getting beaten, harassed, or anything more than him not being able to watch tv or exercise, or eat McDonalds at random times.

Comment

• if they put floyd in general population, floyd will be crying and begging to be put back to where he's at now. theres no way floyd will share a cell with another man when he's already bii1tching about being treated unfair and he's by himself! just imagine floyd having to share a small azzz cell with another man. plus on top of all this its a major risk to let floyd into general population. out of the 3 people that might look up to him theres about 200 other inmates that wants to get their hands on him.

Comment

• 23 hours alone in a cell for 90 days, just because he is a celebrity?
                      That can't be healthy, there must be another solution to protect him from other inmates..
                      Imagine being alone the whole day in a little room without being able to talk to another person, that would make everyone crazy, even a misanthrope.

Comment

Working...
                      X