No announcement yet.

Speedball set recommendations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedball set recommendations

can anyone recommend a decent speedball set? one that isn't too pricey and one that doesn't deflate or break/wear away so easily. also what is the average size of the actual ball? I dont want to buy one online and find out its a junior size lol

Originally posted by mark1993 View Post
    can anyone recommend a decent speedball set? one that isn't too pricey and one that doesn't deflate or break/wear away so easily. also what is the average size of the actual ball? I dont want to buy one online and find out its a junior size lol
    speedball?

speedbag?

i have owned three speedbag set ups in my day

until you get to the pro//gym level they are all very simmilar. its all about the sturdiness of the construction and the swivel used to attach the bag to the stand

unless you're having many people wail on the thing for many rounds a day whichever reputable brand of home speed bag you choose should hold up

i've got two wall mounted everlast speed bags that are still at my parents house that i used growing up

and one standing everlast heavybag and speedbag // double end bag set up

the quality is nice, but if you are really goign to be hammering the thing for years you might want to get a professional // gym quality one.

they move around a bit, etc. and if you dont have a serious wall to mount the thing on forget about it. i drilled into a foundtation and installed a recessed bolt in type appratus.

i doubt i'd trust the thing in an inside wall (wall somewhere in the house)

you will pop the bags
    especially if you are a sharp puncher or good sized.
    wrap your hands and it shouldnt happen too often.

when you order the thing i'd spring for two or three replacement bags. they shouldnbt be mre than a few bucks a pop

i'd get two bag sizes (one medium/large and one that is small)

the smaller one is goingto move much faster and will allow you to work on more precise aspects of your timing and mechanics.
    the larger one is more of a workout//for begginners.
    switching them out can be a *****, but you'll be happy with two if you can afford it and you're going to be using it every day

speedbags are indispensable in my opinion
    for starters you get a chance to work on your timing, the most important function of the speedbag
    but you also get a workout with conditioning specific to boxing. if you use it regularly you'll notice the difference in the gym

its also the ONLY place to learn how to generate power//snap on your hook to the head
    Last edited by New England; 12-24-2011, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      speedball?

speedbag?

i have owned three speedbag set ups in my day

until you get to the pro//gym level they are all very simmilar. its all about the sturdiness of the construction and the swivel used to attach the bag to the stand

unless you're having many people wail on the thing for many rounds a day whichever reputable brand of home speed bag you choose should hold up

i've got two wall mounted everlast speed bags that are still at my parents house that i used growing up

and one standing everlast heavybag and speedbag // double end bag set up

the quality is nice, but if you are really goign to be hammering the thing for years you might want to get a professional // gym quality one.

they move around a bit, etc. and if you dont have a serious wall to mount the thing on forget about it. i drilled into a foundtation and installed a recessed bolt in type appratus.

i doubt i'd trust the thing in an inside wall (wall somewhere in the house)

you will pop the bags
      especially if you are a sharp puncher or good sized.
      wrap your hands and it shouldnt happen too often.

when you order the thing i'd spring for two or three replacement bags. they shouldnbt be mre than a few bucks a pop

i'd get two bag sizes (one medium/large and one that is small)

the smaller one is goingto move much faster and will allow you to work on more precise aspects of your timing and mechanics.
      the larger one is more of a workout//for begginners.
      switching them out can be a *****, but you'll be happy with two if you can afford it and you're going to be using it every day

speedbags are indispensable in my opinion
      for starters you get a chance to work on your timing, the most important function of the speedbag
      but you also get a workout with conditioning specific to boxing. if you use it regularly you'll notice the difference in the gym

its also the ONLY place to learn how to generate power//snap on your hook to the head
      I was thinking of buying the actual speedball swivel and platform all separately from argos and amazon. and I was thinking of setting up in my garden by attaching it to the outside of the house [brickwall]. you think its a good idea? and it will be used by me most of the time.

Comment

Working...
      X