Collapse
No announcement yet.

**the official la lakers thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't been following NBA much but I enjoyed watching the games on KCAL 9 every now and then. Wtf happened to KCAL 9 and Laker games?

Comment

• I'm hearing they're intrerested in Pietrus

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
        I haven't been following NBA much but I enjoyed watching the games on KCAL 9 every now and then. Wtf happened to KCAL 9 and Laker games?

TW cable took over....google it.......

Comment

• The Lakers will need to do either. Trade Pau or trade Howard.

Only 1 can play center and let's face it. The age of twin towers and post-ups is over and pick and roll is king. Opposing teams will simply clog the lane against Pau and Dwight.

Plus historically Phil surrounded Shaq with 4 3-pt shooters on the floor. Majority of NBA champions in past years have relied on spacing and 3pt shooting to the point of sacrificing size inside.

When Jamison is on the floor the impact is immediately felt. Opposing teams cant sag on the inside, Kobe has more space to penetrate.

Comment

• Originally posted by mokmokv2 View Post
            The Lakers will need to do either. Trade Pau or trade Howard.

Only 1 can play center and let's face it. The age of twin towers and post-ups is over and pick and roll is king. Opposing teams will simply clog the lane against Pau and Dwight.

Plus historically Phil surrounded Shaq with 4 3-pt shooters on the floor. Majority of NBA champions in past years have relied on spacing and 3pt shooting to the point of sacrificing size inside.

When Jamison is on the floor the impact is immediately felt. Opposing teams cant sag on the inside, Kobe has more space to penetrate.
            im all for moving Pau....but not for chump change is all im saying.......

Comment

The Lakers will need to do either. Trade Pau or trade Howard.

trade Dwight?

good god

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                trade Dwight?

good god
                Personally I'd rather have a SKILLED center than a PHYSICALLY dominant center.

You all saw how good the Lakers can be when they have 4 3pt shooters on the floor. Kobe runs amuck because teams just can double team him without anybody of the 3 getting an open look on 3.

When Nash returns Kobe will be even more dominant in his position, provided they have enough shooters to keep the defense honest.

Pau and Dwight together on the floor and you see the defense just sagging and cheating.

Looking ahead (I hope lakers get this far), the lakers won't win against OKC with 2 center lineups. Durant can guard pau if need be. It becomes even more nightmarish against Miami.

Lebron CAN guard Pau but not vice versa. And Pau will nonetheless be a non-factor on defense since he'll be forced to cover another 3 pt shooter.

Comment

Personally I'd rather have a SKILLED center than a PHYSICALLY dominant center.

You all saw how good the Lakers can be when they have 4 3pt shooters on the floor. Kobe runs amuck because teams just can double team him without anybody of the 3 getting an open look on 3.

When Nash returns Kobe will be even more dominant in his position, provided they have enough shooters to keep the defense honest.

Pau and Dwight together on the floor and you see the defense just sagging and cheating.

Looking ahead (I hope lakers get this far), the lakers won't win against OKC with 2 center lineups. Durant can guard pau if need be. It becomes even more nightmarish against Miami.

Lebron CAN guard Pau but not vice versa. And Pau will nonetheless be a non-factor on defense since he'll be forced to cover another 3 pt shooter.

Dwight's not going anywhere and noone is gonna want to take on Pau's contract...MDA needs to figure out how to maximize both

personally, i think Pau would be a perfect fit for the 2nd unit and we can slide Jamison to the 4...it'll give Dwight another shooter that will space the floor and unlike Pau, will actually crash the glass

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    Dwight's not going anywhere and noone is gonna want to take on Pau's contract...MDA needs to figure out how to maximize both

personally, i think Pau would be a perfect fit for the 2nd unit and we can slide Jamison to the 4...it'll give Dwight another shooter that will space the floor and unlike Pau, will actually crash the glass
                    I've been saying that for a min....I would even say we could start Hill...(since MWP has seemed to woken up some offense) bring Pau on with the second unit and let him and Jaimason anchor that group...

Comment

• do it, mitch.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c6zz94q

Comment

Working...
                      X