**the official la lakers thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'll just leave this here

Comment

• anything less than a championship would be a disappointment with that lineup

Comment

• Originally posted by brick wall View Post
        anything less than a championship would be a disappointment with that lineup
        this is LA son.........we talkin LAKER NATION.......anything less than a championship with ANY line up in ANY year is a disappointment...if you aint' first YOU LAST.......

Comment

• gasol at center, howard at power.

so tua has spoken.....

so it shall be done......

Comment

• Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
            this is LA son.........we talkin LAKER NATION.......anything less than a championship with ANY line up in ANY year is a disappointment...if you aint' first YOU LAST.......
            starting point guard smush parker.

starting small forward luke walton.

starting center kwame brown.

i was very proud of kobe for them just getting 7th seed.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                gasol at center, howard at power.

so tua has spoken.....

so it shall be done......
                He's just too easily pushed around and handled for me to be comfortable with him at center. Obviously I love his size, but lets be real.. he's a physical *****. And, howards accuracy beyond 4feet from the basket is what exactly?

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                  He's just too easily pushed around and handled for me to be comfortable with him at center. Obviously I love his size, but lets be real.. he's a physical *****. And, howards accuracy beyond 4feet from the basket is what exactly?
                  ahhhh but this is why i need to explain my concept.

dwight is at his best offensively on putbacks and on alley oops?

does being at the 4 hurt him from doing that? nooo noooo

if anything the 4 positions job was to do the dirty stuff like reb and put backs. only in this weak big man era did 4s start shooting jumpers.

as far as pau, lakers won 2 titles with him at 5. including 1 against dwight himself.

and yes he can be pushed out by strong centers. when he's in the middle and they push him out he's still in range.

when he plays 4 and they push him out, now he's out of range.

this why pau excelled when bynum was hurt, also why pau struggled with bynum healthy the last 2 years.

Comment

• It's a good debacle to be in that's for sure.

Pau or dwight?

Jesus.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                      It's a good debacle to be in that's for sure.

Pau or dwight?

Jesus.
                      and btw defensively.....

power forwards are the offensive big men in this era. centers are usually stiffs.

wouldn't you rather have dwight on them and pau on the slow stiffs?

plus dwight is quicker and more athletic.

pau is taller and longer and can bother shots to the hoop.

Comment

Working...
                      X