Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlo Moore is going to win the Gold medal in the super heavyweight division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlo Moore is going to win the Gold medal in the super heavyweight division

Born in Richmond CA

Fighting out of Hayward CA

Trained by Virgil Hunter

PRESENTING. MARLO MOORE

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci...-2016-olympics

http://www.teamusa.org/usa-boxing/athletes/Marlo-Moore

I'll take that bet. Suspect one of those WSB experienced guys with a Olympics on their resume already & a lotsa international experience. Think Marlo is some guy who more or less came outta nowhere. It'd be a good story if he won, cuz those types of stories always are, but its for sure a long shot.

Comment

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't think Moore can even qualify anymore.
      There is only one more qualifying tournament and one spot in his division.
      If I'm not mistaken Moore is not even eligible to compete in that tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
        medzhidov,dychko,yoka,hrgovic.who's closer to win a gold mate?

Comment

He's not a fat HW, that garners my support already!

Comment

Originally posted by RaTaTa View Post
            medzhidov,dychko,yoka,hrgovic.who's closer to win a gold mate?
            Super Heavyweight is one of the most competitive divisions in amateur boxing at the moment. It's between that, Lightweight, and Light-welterweight.

In the other divisions you have the clear favorites, but at Super Heavyweight there really isn't a clear favorite. It's a really open division and anyone can win it. May be the most difficult division to predict.
            Joe Joyce I think has a very good chance. IMO he beat Yoka really easily at the World Championships, but he got robbed. Yoka is a good fighter, but he was very lucky to win that World Championship. He could have lost his last three bouts.
            I'm not sure Medzhidov is the same fighter. He's still a contender, but doesn't look as good as he did in years past.

If I had to predict, right now, who will take the Gold I have to go with Joyce. I think he's been looking the best as of late.
            Joyce also beat Medzhidov at the European qualifiers and imo he beat Yoka rather easily like I mentioned before. Joyce also beat Hrgovic in the past. It was like two to three years ago and it was a competitive fight though.
            Great Britain could take their second Gold medal in a row at Super Heavyweight at the Olympics.
            Hrgovic, Dychko, Medzhidov, Yoka will be his toughest competition.

Comment

Right now, he is the leader for the super heavyweight category.

http://www.teamusa.org/usa-boxing/na...eams/elite-men

So far, 3 of the fighters have qualified on this list.

Carlos
              Russell
              Vargas

The others will probably rep the US in those weight classes

Comment

Originally posted by hi-tech boxing View Post
                super heavyweight is one of the most competitive divisions in amateur boxing at the moment.
                oh no, hell no

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
                  oh no, hell no
                  What?
                  There are so many fighters that can potentially win it in that division. How is it not competitive?

Comment

What?
                    There are so many fighters that can potentially win it in that division. How is it not competitive?
                    Competitive?, yes, one of the most, no.

52, 56, 60, 64, 69, 91 Are all tougher divisions.

Comment

Working...
                    X