Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your thoughts on Sergio Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

martinez is a good fighter...i just hope he would face someone like golovkin later next year. i think that would be a great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
      People keep saying that, but who else was better at the time in that division? Those are solid wins and those guys will probably go on to beat other good fighters.
      And they already have too. People from Europe should kind of take it as an insult because it's similar to saying that no one from the UK belongs on the world stage or is good enough to be considered elite. The US isn't the only country capable of producing quality boxers.

I guess the likes of HBO and Showtime must give them that a passing grade or them to be worth anything.

I personally think that the guys he has fought recently are in a level above these other names I see tossed around like Angulo, Kirkland, Cotto, etc. Martinez would annihilate these guys much easier than Macklin or Barker.
      Last edited by mathed; 12-18-2012, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        1st off, forgive my rusty behind. I didn't even know that Dulorme got stopped!! But if I'm not mistaken in the original post I did say Pirog & those guys meaning the middleweights in general. I have no doubt that most would fight him.

However My points were focused on the fights he has left & the 1 matchup that's actually worth something to both the casual fan & the full time boxing fan.
        only 2 fights for sergio are floyd and ward. Canelo isnt an upper echelon p4p boxer right now. Floyd likely isn't moving up to fight sergio unless its truly finacially viable but sergio isn't moving up to fight ward for the similar reasons.

Comment

Darren Barker a level above Miguel Cotto.

Only on Boxing Scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            only 2 fights for sergio are floyd and ward. Canelo isnt an upper echelon p4p boxer right now. Floyd likely isn't moving up to fight sergio unless its truly finacially viable but sergio isn't moving up to fight ward for the similar reasons.
            Sergio should move down after this and look to fight a top JMW then Floyd if he is still about

Comment

The best Middleweight atm, I'd say. Seems like a cool dude, too.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Darren Barker a level above Miguel Cotto.

Only on Boxing Scene.
                Style wise, I think Sergio would make easier work of Miguel than he did Barker.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldSugar View Post
                  Sergio should move down after this and look to fight a top JMW then Floyd if he is still about
                  Sergio is in a rough position. He's too small for Ward. Floyd isn't gonna fight a 154lber that he doesn't think he can make at least $40 mil with. There are no real big names at 160.

Sergio is more dangerous than Canelo for floyd, no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                    Style wise, I think Sergio would make easier work of Miguel than he did Barker.
                    Considering how much larger he is than Cotto that's perhaps a possibility.

Doesn't change the fact than Darren Barker is not even close to Miguel Cotto's league.

Comment

Best MW and 4th best fighter in world P4P. He'll wreck Murray, I hope that leads to Floyd, not Chavez Jr. 2.

Comment

Working...
                      X