Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marine to argue free speech case in hearing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel horrible for the people who get into the military thinking it's something glorious

One of my best friends joined, came back a zombie, was in an "accident" in Afghanistan, and is now a vegetable in San Diego.

Unreal.

Apologies to most who find my thoughts incendiary.

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
      I feel horrible for the people who get into the military thinking it's something glorious

One of my best friends joined, came back a zombie, was in an "accident" in Afghanistan, and is now a vegetable in San Diego.

Unreal.

Apologies to most who find my thoughts incendiary.
      I completely agree

Those "Army of One" commercials and claims that they'll pay for school after are such BS

Yea i wanna see them pay for your school when you're dead

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Not pertaining to this thread but why is it that a lot of people think that just because the first amendment says freedom of speech that they can say whatever the fucck they want?
        i can't think of any speech that is so powerful that it requires censorship. i understand that obvious examples where you can't incite a riot or a panic... but i mean... really, what else?

They're calling you a criminal for arguing that the gov't is ****ing up.

The country is basically bankrupt and in 14 or so wars, and trying to start more... All the while eroding the constitution.

Comment

Not pertaining to this thread but why is it that a lot of people think that just because the first amendment says freedom of speech that they can say whatever the fucck they want?
          I think you answered your own question.

Comment

I completely agree

Those "Army of One" commercials and claims that they'll pay for school after are such BS

Yea i wanna see them pay for your school when you're dead
            My cousin did the Army thing and didn't get a ****ing penny for school. LMFAO

He does roofing now.

:*******:

Comment

i can't think of any speech that is so powerful that it requires censorship. i understand that obvious examples where you can't incite a riot or a panic... but i mean... really, what else?

They're calling you a criminal for arguing that the gov't is ****ing up.

The country is basically bankrupt and in 14 or so wars, and trying to start more... All the while eroding the constitution.
              People seem to think that freedom of speech is an absolute right. There are no absolute rights

i'm not speaking of this case exactly

But i've had classmate in both HS and College who would curse at teachers and then claim they were wrongfully removed from class since the first amendment protects them

Comment

People seem to think that freedom of speech is an absolute right. There are no absolute rights

i'm not speaking of this case exactly

But i've had classmate in both HS and College who would curse at teachers and then claim they were wrongfully removed from class since the first amendment protects them
                Well your classmates are ****ing idiots. That's a professional setting, and they're interrupting a class with other students. They're correctly ejected.

Freedom of speech is an absolute right.

Who the hell has the right to dictate what a private conversation between you and a friend should contain and exclude? No one should.

Comment

My cousin did the Army thing and didn't get a ****ing penny for school. LMFAO

He does roofing now.

:*******:
                  Well, the Navy has been paying my way for the past 4 years. I have to wonder if your cousin paid off his G.I. Bill during his first year of enlistment. In boot camp I signed some papers so they would take out money from my checks for a whole year. Afterwards, I was entitled to $30,000. I'm not trying to sound like a recruiter here but the government will pay for it.

Thing is they will NOT hold your hand and tell you how to access that money or what college to sign up for. They may tell you once but after that your on your own. You also have the option of going to college while still in service which IMO is pretty damn hard. Or wait until you get out and then use the G.I. Bill or Post 9/11 Bill to help you out.

Also, you have a limited time to use that Bill once you get out. I think a little over 10 years if I'm not mistaken. After that forget it. Your discharge could also affect your benefits. Getting a other than honorable, bad conduct, or dishonorable discharge could hurt.

Depending on when your cousin got out and what his discharge was he may still be able to access that money for college. Doesn't hurt to look into it. Unless of course he's satisfied with where he is in life and that's cool.

Comment

Well your classmates are ****ing idiots. That's a professional setting, and they're interrupting a class with other students. They're correctly ejected.

Freedom of speech is an absolute right.

Who the hell has the right to dictate what a private conversation between you and a friend should contain and exclude? No one should.
                    So professional settings take away your right to free speech?

Freedom of speech is not an absolute right, NO amendment is an absolute right. If it was an absolute right, you'd be able to say ANYTHING you want. I live in NYC but i cant get a fuccking gun, but the 2nd amendment says right to bear arms

Hmmm

Comment

So professional settings take away your right to free speech?

Freedom of speech is not an absolute right, NO amendment is an absolute right. If it was an absolute right, you'd be able to say ANYTHING you want. I live in NYC but i cant get a fuccking gun, but the 2nd amendment says right to bear arms

Hmmm
                      That's because NY is lawless and corrupt.

Comment

Working...
                      X