Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao takes on all comers, really?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FerdinandMarcos View Post
    JMM was a tune-up after 2 years away.

At least he didn't fight Micheal Jennings or Alphonso Gomez.

That's the kind of trash Cotto calls a tuneup.

At least he didn't fight SHOT LIGHTWEIGHTS Golden Johnson or Manuel Gomez.

That's the kind of rubbish Margarito calls a tuneup.
    You don't take tune ups against a guy two divisions below.

Comment

• Originally posted by FootWork777 View Post
      Check it out bro, I already stated that Floyd deserves criticism. My point is I don't understand why Manny gets all this credit for fighting fighters who were recently beaten down badly. A lot of people act like Pac is facing the biggest toughest obstacles out there, and that is flat out laughable! Why won't fight Martinez or Williams? Why doesn't Pac fight a fighter with top notch boxing skills? IMO Manny's opposition hasn't been any better than Floyd's, yet he gets all this praise and Floyd is labeled a 'ducker'. I don't care what any of u say Pacman's recent opposition is not what its made out to be and he deserves criticism.
      You must have missed my post above ... Manny was waiting for Floyd, Floyd went on vacation ... can't blame Manny.

As for losing a fight ... With a picture like the one you have you should realize that you can lose and get knocked down and still come back to do bigger and better things. Ali lost to Frazier and was knocked down yet he came back to beat Frazier twice.

Ali lost to Norton and broke his jaw. Was Ali now destroyed? Was those who fought Ali after that picking an Ali that was finished? No, Ali came back to defeat Norton and Frazier.

Then did Foreman take an easy fight against Ali since even Frazier knocked Ali down while Foreman smoked Frazier .... plus Ali always had a fight on his hands with Frazier ..... NO Ali still managed to beat Foreman.

Manny moved up 1, 2 and 3 divisions and won against guys that had good records and some that never lost in their division before. It's an achievement in itself even if some of them lost a fight.

Comment

So are u one of those people who feel that Floyd should fight Martinez or Williams? If Floyd is criticized for not fighting Martinez and Williams Manny should be criticized as well. Why is Floyd criticized for saying Miguel Cotto lives" to far" but Manny isn't criticized for saying Yuri Foreman is "to tall"? Why is Floyd accused of ducking Cotto, Margarito, etc. but Manny isn't accused of ducking Juan Diaz or Nate Campbell? I just don't understand the double standard.
        Because Mayweather might be only slightly taller than Pacquiao, but is physically much bigger.

Floyd started boxing about 25 pounds heavier than Pac. Fact.

In order to become a Welterweight, Floyd has gained 15 pounds, from his initial boxing weight. Fact.

Pacquiao, in order to make Welterweight, has had to gain about 40 pounds, from his initial boxing weight. Fact.

It is not a double standard, in any way. Physically they are not similar.

Same thing about Cotto.
        All three guys are 5'6-5'8. But Manny is a smallish, thin guy. Money is average athletic guy. Cotto is a fatty that diets in order to make 147. Three different body types, three different standards.

Comment

• Originally posted by ALG United View Post
          Let's just say, for arguement's sake that Floyd and Manny fought opponents of equal footing, Manny will still have the edge in praise because by comparison Floyd has the better skills between the two and has the advantages both in height and reach. So by example, if both of them decided to fight Paul Williams, even if both of them wins against Paul, Manny will be praised more for achieving what seems to be impossible.. Get my drift man, that's why Manny gets all the praises because in most of his fights, before the first bell rang you are still unsure on who will be victorious, while with Floyd you get the feeling that he chose his opponents for a sure win...
          Fair enough, I just don't understand how anyone can feel that Floyd cherry picks his opponents and Manny doesn't. For those of u that think I'm a hater, I think Manny Pacquiao is a fabulous fighter, I have no reason to hate on him, I don't even know him lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
            You must have missed my post above ... Manny was waiting for Floyd, Floyd went on vacation ... can't blame Manny.

As for losing a fight ... With a picture like the one you have you should realize that you can lose and get knocked down and still come back to do bigger and better things. Ali lost to Frazier and was knocked down yet he came back to beat Frazier twice.

Ali lost to Norton and broke his jaw. Was Ali now destroyed? Was those who fought Ali after that picking an Ali that was finished? No, Ali came back to defeat Norton and Frazier.

Then did Foreman take an easy fight against Ali since even Frazier knocked Ali down while Foreman smoked Frazier .... plus Ali always had a fight on his hands with Frazier ..... NO Ali still managed to beat Foreman.

Manny moved up 1, 2 and 3 divisions and won against guys that had good records and some that never lost in their division before. It's an achievement in itself even if some of them lost a fight.
            So can u blame Manny for refusing the 14 day cutoff and the fight during the 1st negotiations?

Comment

So can u blame Manny for refusing the 14 day cutoff and the fight during the 1st negotiations?
              It depends on how you look at it. I looked at it as a baseless accusation from Floyd who had NO PROOF. So I was surprised initially that Manny even wanted to fight Floyd since Manny was obviously rattled big time from that accusation.

Worse case, I saw the first negotiations as a sticking point that they couldn't agree on.

This last time around, Floyd said he didn't want to fight Manny and preferred to take a long vacation.

No matter how you see it, Manny wanted to fight Floyd, so you can't call Manny a ducker if he was willing to fight Floyd.

Plus, Manny has fought Barrera, Morales and Marquez. He also gave them several chances. Before the fight with Oscar, people thought Oscar would win easily because he was too big. Win or lose, can you call Manny a ducker? Think about it a bit ...... Manny in my books is not a ducker as he faced many challenges.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                It depends on how you look at it. I looked at it as a baseless accusation from Floyd who had NO PROOF. So I was surprised initially that Manny even wanted to fight Floyd since Manny was obviously rattled big time from that accusation.

Worse case, I saw the first negotiations as a sticking point that they couldn't agree on.

This last time around, Floyd said he didn't want to fight Manny and preferred to take a long vacation.

No matter how you see it, Manny wanted to fight Floyd, so you can't call Manny a ducker if he was willing to fight Floyd.

Plus, Manny has fought Barrera, Morales and Marquez. He also gave them several chances. Before the fight with Oscar, people thought Oscar would win easily because he was too big. Win or lose, can you call Manny a ducker? Think about it a bit ...... Manny in my books is not a ducker as he faced many challenges.
                Floyd has fought Hernandez, Corrales, Castillo(2), Manfredy, etc. Come on now, that version of Oscar was a dead man walking, De La Hoya had no business being in the ring being in the condition he was in that night.

Comment

So are u one of those people who feel that Floyd should fight Martinez or Williams? If Floyd is criticized for not fighting Martinez and Williams Manny should be criticized as well. Why is Floyd criticized for saying Miguel Cotto lives" to far" but Manny isn't criticized for saying Yuri Foreman is "to tall"? Why is Floyd accused of ducking Cotto, Margarito, etc. but Manny isn't accused of ducking Juan Diaz or Nate Campbell? I just don't understand the double standard.
                  juan diaz? nate campbell.. lmao. he went up 2 weight classes to fight oscar de la hoya. who is damn more dangerous than those two combined.

and mayweather went on a fake retirement when cotto and margarito where hot. came back when both lost, and is now on another fake retirement when pacquiao agreed to his bs testing.

and yeah, the great yuri foreman who lost to cotto who manny just whooped. manny fears the jew..

Comment

Floyd has fought Hernandez, Corrales, Castillo(2), Manfredy, etc. Come on now, that version of Oscar was a dead man walking, De La Hoya had no business being in the ring being in the condition he was in that night.
                    manny deserves full credit for beating the tranny.

preparation is part of the game. oscar underestimated manny, tried to come in light, and got his ass whooped for it. that doesn't make manny's win less legit.

Comment

Fair enough, I just don't understand how anyone can feel that Floyd cherry picks his opponents and Manny doesn't. For those of u that think I'm a hater, I think Manny Pacquiao is a fabulous fighter, I have no reason to hate on him, I don't even know him lol.
                      If you appreciate your avatar Smoking Joe Fraizier, then you have to appreciate Manny Pacman Pacquiao, because Joe was a small heavyweight by standard but he was brave enough to fight the great Muhammad Ali and big George Foreman both of which 6'3" fighters. And Manny is by comparison a small framed welterweight, a 5'6" midget fighting big 5'8"-5'11" giants!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X