This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyones bag gloves ever split?

I got the Ringside IMF Bag gloves and about after a month i noticed it split down the middle closer to the fingers. I returned them, now a week and a half later, im noticing that its starting to happen again. Anyone have this problem before?

Comment

• Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
      I got the Ringside IMF Bag gloves and about after a month i noticed it split down the middle closer to the fingers. I returned them, now a week and a half later, im noticing that its starting to happen again. Anyone have this problem before?
      When you say, "split", are you talking about a tear in the leather, the seams, or something else? Leather will crease, leaving what looks like "cracks" (much in the same way that we get wrinkles) that are not actually going to separate.
      Sometimes, equipment at the gym will have edges that mess up your gloves. A glove will not normally split/tear in the middle of the leather unless something is tearing it.

Comment

• gloves grant 10 Oz

hello, I'm here because I want gloves grant, such as Mayweather Jr, the problem is that they are nowhere on the internet. why is it so hard to find? how to contact the producer? Excuse my writing, I'm not English

Comment

• Is there a special reason you want grant gloves? Theres plenty of 10oz Grant on ebay.

Comment

• yes,i want gloves grant because they are very comfortable and i love their style, i don't like color of gloves on ebay

Comment

• Read below, good info on Glove's attributes

Here is a thread that I started that has some good information on some of the most commonly available profesional boxing gloves, their attributes and some "unbiass" comments from the forum members.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=521716

It may help you with your choice of gloves. It also have some links to some of the distributors and such.

Comment

• http://www.fightoutlet.co.uk/browse/...34_0_0_na.html

Buy them here.

Have you a fight coming up?

Comment

• What focus mitts would you recommend for someone who wants to take the pads for other people?

From a budget point of view, I'm looking to spend no more than £30 so would I be better buying a synthetic mitt or one made from leather, from a durability point of view? Some sources say leather lasts longer, others say synthetic doesn't crack as much.

Any advice is appreciated!

Comment

• I've been looking through this thread... good stuff.

I was looking to upgrade training gloves from my worn out Everlast Protex 2 (non-leather kind) to some gloves under $100.

I bought a pair of Title ProMex Training Gloves for $70, but I'm probably going to return them. The padding is stiff and about an inch thick. My hands started hurting after 10 minutes of hitting the heavy bag. It was due to both the gloves not being broken in (so that my hands were cramping up making a fist in the stiff gloves) and my knuckles taking a beating. My knuckles might be on the brittle side.

So I've ordered a pair of Rival BS3V's (also called the Rival Traditional Hybrid Pro Sparring Gloves). They're leather too and look to have more padding (the web says 1.75"). We'll see. There aren't any good reviews of those gloves.

Anybody got any first-hand experience with Rival? If they don't work out, I'll probably have to try out the Ringside IMF gloves.

Comment

• im not sure about the specific gloves you got now as i havent tried them, but rival is one of the best boxing brands out there. especially the new stuff is high quality

Comment

Working...
                      X