No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum on Bradley-Marquez, Pacquiao-Rios PPV Buyrates

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum on Bradley-Marquez, Pacquiao-Rios PPV Buyrates

The Wynn Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum spoke to BoxingScene.com and other members of the media shortly after the "Grand Arrivals" for Tim Bradley and Juan Manuel Marquez who face on Saturday night at the Thomas and Mack Center in a fight televised on HBO pay-per-view. On November 23rd, Arum will promote another pay-per-view show that will match former eight division champion Manny Pacquiao against former super-welterweight champ Brandon Rios in the main event.

[Click Here To Read More]

He's about right on the Marquez-Bradley fight. I see the Manny fight doing a lil bit higher.

Comment

Arum giving some reasonable estimates.

I see the Marquez-Bradley doing just about 350-400k buys, its crazy how these two guys can beat Pacquiao and still not get a big name, I guess you have to have the IT factor a quality that just attracts people to you that Pacquiao has plus his fighting style.

The Pac vs. Rios ppv rate seems about right, I predict around 600k since it is in China and they will not spend much time promoting it in the states, if it does more or even hits a million buys that would be an amazing feat. It depends people could be curious to see if Pac can bounce back from the KO? but I figure the majority of fake casual boxing fans hopped off his wagon real quick once he got ko cold so who knows?

Comment

Anyone know how much the bradley-marquez ppv is gonna cost?

Comment

Arum is only talking about US buys for the Pacquiao-Rios fight. Lets not forget that all of that is icing on the cake and the real money is gonna be from the Chinese PPV. Expect around 50-100 million buys there

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
            Arum is only talking about US buys for the Pacquiao-Rios fight. Lets not forget that all of that is icing on the cake and the real money is gonna be from the Chinese PPV. Expect around 50-100 million buys there
            50-100 million china buys? Might be only 5 bucks..... But that's way too much

Comment

Originally posted by dankitydank View Post
              probably 55 bucks

Comment

Originally posted by dankitydank View Post
                too much to tell you the truth....but its 54.95 in standard def. and 64.95 in high def jeez I thought it was gonna be 45.00 but we.dnt get cheap ppvs anymore!

I already ordered the fight so they got 1 for sure!!

Comment

300 million ppl watched Zou Shimings debut bro

Hes on this card

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                    300 million ppl watched Zou Shimings debut bro

Hes on this card
                    wasn't that debunked to 3 million? And that was free tv, even though most of china's citizens dont make that much.

Comment

Working...
                    X