Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Archie Solis Files Lawsuit Against Saul Alvarez in California

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Archie Solis Files Lawsuit Against Saul Alvarez in California

Former junior flyweight champion Ulises "Archie" Solis has now taken his legal battle with Saul "Canelo" Alvarez to the United States. Solis hired attorney Stephen Lawrence, based in Miami, and the lawyer filed a lawsuit on behalf of Solis in the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles. Solis is suing for injuries and financial damages stemming from a 2011 altercation with Alvarez.

As BoxingScene.com heavily documented, Solis alleges that Canelo attacked him on October 25, 2011 on the street in Guadalajara. The details have never fully been discussed, but Solis claims that Canelo confronted him with allegations that Solis was dating his ex-girlfriend. Solis denies that he was dating Canelo's ex.

During the attack, Solis suffered a broken jaw and lost several teeth. The injuries placed Solis on the shelf for a long time and he required multiple surgeries on his jaw.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Can you sue someone in a different state/country than where the alleged incident occured?

Comment

I still think that's the funniest excuse ever "It was my brother"

Like Solis is some ******

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
        I still think that's the funniest excuse ever "It was my brother"

Like Solis is some ******
        Yeah and if you look at Ricardo Alvarez the alleged real attacker you can't possibly mistake them. Yeah they have some similar features but that was a ridiculous excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by ManUtd626 View Post
          Can you sue someone in a different state/country than where the alleged incident occured?
          That is exactly what I was wondering.

Comment

Back then Canelo was still fighting Flyweights in the ring also. Solis should just chalk it up to an Unsanctioned Event.

Comment

when you **** with family you get cracked, so matter the size

Comment

Why does this come up every time Canelo has a fight coming up? I remember a similar article when he was about to fight Trout.

Comment

Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
                  Why does this come up every time Canelo has a fight coming up? I remember a similar article when he was about to fight Trout.
                  Canelo ruined his boxing career. You would be doing the same thing had this happened to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagomba View Post
                    Canelo ruined his boxing career. You would be doing the same thing had this happened to you.
                    I'm not blaming Solis but what's going on. Either they will move forward with the legal process or not. But I see my error now. Charges were first filed in Mexico and this time they will try in California.

Comment

Working...
                    X