No announcement yet.

Nervous for an upcoming fight...HELP?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
    Don't listen to ^^^^ this guy nervousness/fear is normal and I would argue necessary... Like other posters have said harness that fear get through the first minute or so of the round and you'll do fine. Nothing that hasn't happened in sparring is going to happen on fight night...
    These thoughts worked for me, I bet you never even fought

Comment

My first fight was 100 plus people and honestly once the bell rings you zone out. Its a funny feeling cuz you can hear your coach's instruction and his coach, but the crowd gets tuned out lol.

Just watch 24/7 for motivation and im not joking. Also your fav fighter's winning moments so they can do it so can you.

Most importantly make sure to run run and run. Amateurs is mostly cardio anyways. So get on with that.

Comment

so did you ktfo your opponent?

Comment

Originally posted by hussain619 View Post
          i have an amateur fight coming up in like 9 days that will be in front of 200 people I AM SO NERVOUS. I keep thinking i am going to lose badly and that i have not fit enough for the 3 rounds. Please any advice.
          there is a freaking T&N forum dude.

Comment

Mike Tyson was so nervous he cried in Atlas'? arms, and then he went into the ring and knocked his opponent out (this was in the amatures.)

We all breathe, we all bleed.

Comment

train to death in the gym and gain all the confidence in the world.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

i have an amateur fight coming up in like 9 days that will be in front of 200 people I AM SO NERVOUS. I keep thinking i am going to lose badly and that i have not fit enough for the 3 rounds. Please any advice.
                damn if you aren't fit to go 3 rounds then I don't know what to tell you bro. You may not be cut out for boxing. Start jogging/running asap

Comment

Even butterbean is fit to go 3 rounds so damn can we see a pic of your physique I'm really curious what you look like

Comment

I was always told that being nervous meant you were taking it serious. I would always have some sort of nerves until I was already infront of him. Those what ifs can serve as motivation. Some of the older dudes used to always say that the day you feel you dont need to train that you dont have any more what ifs is the day you stop. You can never be too fit, too prepared, eager to learn and be better, etc. Keep working hard and trust yourself.

Comment

Be sure you run a few miles a day to build your endurance, and get good sparring vs guys better than you..

Even if you lose it's not the end of the world,, just learn from it

Comment

Working...
                      X