No announcement yet.

How to help Typhoon Haiyan survivors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
    Salvation army locations in Las Vegas taking donations with tax receipts given.
    Awesome... i was going to mention them, but they are on the cnn page. Thanks for posting, and for giving. I hope it encourages more people to give. Most donations to charity's are tax deductible. You can tell whoever you go thru to send either a tax-donation receipt or email confirmation as tax receipt.

OP updated.
    Last edited by jazluvr; 11-15-2013, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
      Awesome... i was going to mention them, but they are on the cnn page. Thanks for posting, and for giving. I hope it encourages more people to give. Most donations to charity's are tax deductible. You can tell whoever you go thru to send either a tax-donation receipt or email confirmation as tax receipt.
      Honestly If your living in America you most extremely likely can afford 50 bucks towards a good cause and you actually wont lose the money through tax deductions. If you can give more than do so but give what you can it helps.

Comment

I don't know if other stadiums are doing this but the Seahawks will have Red Cross reps collecting cash donations at the gates. Instead of purchasing a couple $8 beers, I'll just donate some more when I go to the football game. One of our players,Doug Baldwin, has been doing some things to raise money too since it hits close to home. He's part Filipino and he still has a lot of family there

Comment

Just donated to the Philippine Red Cross

Will donate much more when I get my next paycheck.

Comment

bump for the sick, suffering and dying.

Comment

I used the Red Cross link, terrible destruction in the Philippines, lets all help out in any way we can

Comment

Thanks for this thread, jaz, and thanks to all people who donated no matter what quantity in cash or in kind. The victims need all the help they can get.

This is a trying time for our country and we are greatful to all the people of the world who showed compassion, gave prayers, send medical assistance and man power, send relief goods directly to the victims and performed many othe tasks to help relieve the pains of victims of these devastations. Thanks for showing us that we are not alone.

I got a lot of cousins who were directly hit by the super typhoon and lost their homes, it is to them that I'm giving personal help. Your fear that your donations may go to the wrong institution is valid so be very careful in evaluating where your donations go.

United Nation just issued a statement a few days ago, advising the US marines not to let Philipine officials touch the goods they are bringing. That says a lot about our politicians which is sad but true.

US helicopters are dropping relief goods by tons to affected areas not reachable by land. There's rumor going around that there's an island whose populace were all killed by the typhoon.

Comment

This is just part of the reason why I love my team

Miguel Moldez @migzmoldez
                  @Seahawks @DougBaldwinJr this is dope but he held the flag wrong side up! Red on top means the country is at war.
                  Seattle Seahawks ✔ @Seahawks
                  Follow
                  @migzmoldez @DougBaldwinJr We are fighting the devastation of #Haiyan which has been worse than many war-torn regions of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
                    Your fear that your donations may go to the wrong institution is valid so be very careful in evaluating where your donations go.

United Nation just issued a statement a few days ago, advising the US marines not to let Philippine officials touch the goods they are bringing. That says a lot about our politicians which is sad but true.

US helicopters are dropping relief goods by tons to affected areas not reachable by land. There's rumor going around that there's an island whose populace were all killed by the typhoon.
                    Glad the US, UN, (and hopefully other countries) are doing the same. Keep the funds, relief goods out of the hands of the corrupt and deliver them personally. I read a little bit about it.

Figures...politicians are scumbags, only it for money and power, for the most part, in every country. The ones caught siphoning funds should get life in prison. From what i read, it isn't the 1st time.

Good article about New Zealand even micro chipping each victim so they can keep track of the help they receive. I seriously doubt corruption will ever end in the world. What a shame.

Thanks for posting and updating us Kad, here's hoping to a more effective recovery effort for your people.

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
                      Glad the US, UN, (and hopefully other countries) are doing the same. Keep the funds, relief goods out of the hands of the corrupt and deliver them personally. I read a little bit about it.

Figures...politicians are scumbags, only it for money and power, for the most part, in every country. The ones caught siphoning funds should get life in prison. From what i read, it isn't the 1st time.

Good article about New Zealand even micro chipping each victim so they can keep track of the help they receive. I seriously doubt corruption will ever end in the world. What a shame.

Thanks for posting and updating us Kad, here's hoping to a more effective recovery effort for your people.
                      Here's the list of foregn countries donations.

UNITED NATIONS $25 million

UNITED STATES Initial $100,000 for water and sanitation; Troops, emergency respondents, transportation and equipment + $20 million , Aircraft carrier and ships for rescue operations. $20 million

BRITAIN 10 million pounds’ (roughly $16 million)

AUSTRALIA 10 million Australian dollars ($9.4 million) initial & immediate pledge

UNITED NATIONS WORLD FOOD PROGRAM $2 million

UNICEF 66 tons of emergency supplies

JAPAN $10 million and 25-member relief team

CANADA $5 million

CHINA Initial $200,000, including $100,000 from the government and another $100,000 from the Chinese Red Cross.

TAIWAN $200,000

ASEAN $500,000 & medical staffs and rescue workers through AHA

AUSTRALIA P1.2 Billion (A$30 million) total donation

BELGIUM medical and search and rescue personnel

CANADA C$5 million

CHINA $100,000

DENMARK KR 10 million

EUROPEAN UNION EUR 10 million

GERMANY €500,000 & 23 tons of relief goods

HUNGARY search and rescue personnel and rapid response team

INDONESIA $2million, Humanitarian aid

ISRAEL team of medical, trauma and relief professionals

ITALY Fundrasing of RAI and Croce Rosa Italiana

JAPAN $10 milion, troops, emergency relief medical team

MALAYSIA medical and search and rescue teams

THE NETHERLANDS undisclosed financial aid

NEW ZEALAND NZ $2.15 million

NORWAY 65 million Norwegian kroner & 70 tonnes of advanced communication equipment

RUSSIA rapid response team

SAUDI ARABIA through Prince Talal bin Abdulaziz Al Saud US$100,000

SINGAPORE $200,000

SPAIN in-kind donations

SOUTH KOREA $5 million, rescue workers and medical staff

SWEDEN emergency communications equipment

SWITZERLAND Humanitarian aid unit

TAIWAN $200,000

TURKEY medics, rapid response team, search and rescue personnel

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES Dhs 36 million

UNITED KINGDOM $10 million worth of emergency support package, 15 million pounds by National Gov’t., & 23 million pounds from DEC

UNITED NATIONS Children’s Fund $1.3 million worth of supplies

AMERICAN RED CROSS deployed two people to assist with assessments in the Philippines and activated its family tracing services.

WORLD VISION assist 1.2 million people, including food, hygiene kits, emergency shelter and protection.

MERCY CORPS launched emergency response efforts to provide food, water, shelter and basic supplies to typhoon survivors.

DOCTORS WITHOUT BORDERS has 15 members in Cebu City and will send an additional 50 people in the next few days. It also sends 329 tons of medical and relief supplies on three cargo planes

VATICAN $150,000

IRELAND 1 Million Euro

VIETNAM $100,000

NBA & NBA Players Association $250,000

Comment

Working...
                      X