Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should've Joe Cortez stopped the fight in the 10th round?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is getting out of control. I did not expect people to be this butt-hurt over the fight.

Now I remember why I stopped posting in NSB.

Someone message me when this crap has blown over.

Comment

hell naw.....

Comment

It could have been stopped. I've seen far worse stoppages had it been stopped, just look at the Degale stoppage, it was a little premature. Khan threw absolute nothing in the 10'th round, he was holding on for dear life.

Cortez got it right though by giving Khan the benefit of the doubt to warrior his way through it.

Comment

No, he should not have stopped it. Kahn finished the fight. He was in trouble yes, but the fight should not have been stopped. Maybe he could have warned Kahn, or deducted him a point for continually turning his back to Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual View Post
            Cortez got it right though by giving Khan the benefit of the doubt to warrior his way through it.
            Exactly. Cortez gets way too much flack.

Comment

i think by khan finishing the fight pretty much answers that question... he also never was defenceless and actually came with his own flurries at sum points, some people think he actually won the 11th so just shows he was in control

Comment

Originally posted by mrgreenfingers View Post
                i think by khan finishing the fight pretty much answers that question... he also never was defenceless and actually came with his own flurries at sum points, some people think he actually won the 11th so just shows he was in control
                Yup I thought Khan won the 11th too. Maidana landed more punches but Amir's was more clean and effective.

Comment

Working...
                X