Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lemieux vs Alcine is Set, David Joins 'Eye of The Tiger'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lemieux vs Alcine is Set, David Joins 'Eye of The Tiger'

The current WBC International champion at middleweight, David Lemieux (25-1-0), has signed a contract with Eye of the Tiger Management. The Eye of The Tiger stable includes a numbers of boxers from Quebec, including WBC mandatory heavyweight challenger Bermane Stiverne, rising star Dierry Jean, Nicholson Poulard, and several others.

[Click Here To Read More]

Splitting with Russ Anber may turn out to be a poor career choice for Lemieux. We'll see.

Comment

No doubt in my mind he is going to come back strong

Comment

Hopefully David gets some rounds in and does not take him out too early

Comment

Originally posted by William Blake View Post
          Splitting with Russ Anber may turn out to be a poor career choice for Lemieux. We'll see.
          I believe he kept him onboard as cheif coach as they have been together since David was 14.

Good comeback fight for him, hope it goes past 6. Hope sparring with Martinez was helpfull.

Comment

Originally posted by actionjackson View Post
            I believe he kept him onboard as cheif coach as they have been together since David was 14.

Good comeback fight for him, hope it goes past 6. Hope sparring with Martinez was helpfull.
            As far as I know Anber isn't ranked anywhere as a trainer......except in Canada. He's never been a pro, and was an amateur Canadian flyweight champ when there were about 5 flyweights around. He's trained amateurs mostly, and has had very few pro fighters, and none for long. Except for Lemieux, who's been trained by him since childhood. I remember him before he grew his beard.

He's mosly known as a big and belligerent talker, in my opinion like Teddy Atlas, except that he's had a few more amateur fights than Teddy's 9, and has a half hour weekly boxing talk show.

I think that Lemieux does need a better trainer, but is very loyal. Natural talent can get him only so far.

Comment

lemiex needs to go back to jmw.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                As far as I know Anber isn't ranked anywhere as a trainer......except in Canada. He's never been a pro, and was an amateur Canadian flyweight champ when there were about 5 flyweights around. He's trained amateurs mostly, and has had very few pro fighters, and none for long. Except for Lemieux, who's been trained by him since childhood. I remember him before he grew his beard.

He's mosly known as a big and belligerent talker, in my opinion like Teddy Atlas, except that he's had a few more amateur fights than Teddy's 9, and has a half hour weekly boxing talk show.

I think that Lemieux does need a better trainer, but is very loyal. Natural talent can get him only so far.
                He took him to Martinez's camp to help inspire hard work but Lemieux hasn't worked out for more than 3 weeks consistantly since the Rubio fight. Kid's lazy and not committed which doesn't sound good for his future, hopefully he turns that around.

About anber, he was giving Lemieux all the right advice in the Rubio fight david just didn't do any of it. He seems like a very competent trainer i think the fault is with David's attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                  He took him to Martinez's camp to help inspire hard work but Lemieux hasn't worked out for more than 3 weeks consistantly since the Rubio fight. Kid's lazy and not committed which doesn't sound good for his future, hopefully he turns that around.

About anber, he was giving Lemieux all the right advice in the Rubio fight david just didn't do any of it. He seems like a very competent trainer i think the fault is with David's attitude.
                  then he can make jmw,Just being lazy that fat puto

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post

And what reason do we have to believe you?

Comment

Working...
                    X