Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Miguel Cotto Fought The Wrong Kind of Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roach knows how to pick 'em.......from David Diaz, DLH, Margarito, Mosley...

Comment

Hmmmm what does roach know about picking easy styles....................

Comment

Well, what the Mafia Sargent said is... hey Cotto, you need to pick your opponents, like we do, so that you can still be marketable for future fights.

Comment

Cotto fights the best and takes challenges, he doesn't pick so called easier fighters. That's why he's respected.

Comment

I think Cotto could do better against Canelo but his face is always swelling so much.

Comment

Miguel Cotto did the right thing and that's why I respect him now more than ever. I used to give Cotto a hard time as a fighter because I didn't think he was all that technically but dude fights and gives fans a good fight at that. He just tried to push himself to become a champion again. He's in the 154 LB division then why not try to go for a 154lb champion? He has more balls than Canelo for sure. Roach need to shut the hell up because Pacquiao is schedule to fight his wrong kind of fighter for the 4th time. That's the problem with the sport now. Promoters and trainers are picking the easy style match ups to make their fighters look more dominant then they really are. Cotto has my respect. He fought Mayweather who is considered the best then Trout who is one of the top guys in 154 division. A lot of fighters should take notes (CANELO).

Comment

Cotto doesn't shy away from the difficult fights. Roach should know this. Trout clearly won this fight in a lopsided fashion. Cotto just couldn't hurt him although, he was split second off from landing a vicious left hook to Trout's dome that could have turned the fight but oh well, it is what is it. Still proud of Cotto's accomplishments. And I ain't definitely going anywhere due to his lost. He is an all time great proven! Period. All other should take heed and follow his path so we can all benefit in the future. Too bad, others think they are entitled!

Comment

Yeah because Trout wasn't forced to be weight drained and fight at a catch weight coming off a bad performance. Freddie being Freddie...

Comment

Roach is 100% right

cotto isn't that good and takes way too much punishment. Cotto has to be matched up carefully because Cotto isn't that good. Cotto's 4 huge losses prove that cotto is average at best. too short and too slow. no reach at all.

Comment

I always picked Trout to beat Cotto but he just isn't supposed to be at 154. He fought a good, athletic, slick, and bigger guy than him and got his ass beat because of that. He couldn't bully his opponent, he could barely outbox him, shiet, he could barely land, Trout moved his head back and he was out of reach. He just got beat and his bull**** of being a true 154er has caught up with him.

Lose the pride and move back to 147, don't look all fluffy in-between camps and stop making fried/breaded steak in the middle of training camp, he'll make it no prob.

Comment

Working...
                      X